“Great for lunch”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Went there with my daughter and granddaughters. The service was excellent and the food was very well done I had the King Crawdaddy Chowder which was very tasty but a little too much rice. Tha sandwiches were good, served with Cajun fries which weren't too spicy. Our waitress, Flo was efficient and attentive. I will return when I'm back in town.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

This was a most disappointing place to eat. My husband and I had a groupon with no expiration date for Po'Boys Café. The waitress said that was fine when we showed her. Then, after ordering and eating, she said that they could not accept the groupon - which was for Po'Boys café because the original Po'Boys had gone bankrupt and the college bought it, and changed the name to Po'Boys CAMPUS CAFE. However, this was not evident on the door, google maps, or the like.
The food was not tasty at all - fried oysters were slimy and the bread tasted moldy on the ends. Waitress seemed clueless about how to even calculate the groupon. Please do not eat here. My husband and I ended up paying $30 for basically two sodas.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

I eat everything and i like everything pretty much. But a recent visit to this restaurant was very very disappointing. The fried pickles we ordered also made me sick. There portion size was huge but the quality was poor. The Po dip was downright below average quality. The margaritas seemed to be missing tequila. Prices are cheap but i would rather pay a little bit more to get some quality. I have heard the other location near downtown was good but this one on Ocala is just plain terrible! The servers do a good job. No complaints about that.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is not a top-notch place, but a genuine pub the locals go to. From the outside it looks weird, but inside - a pub with an atmosphere can be found. Pitchers of beer, alligator bites and fried pickles. Both the gumbo and jambalaya were ok. For a tourist - a nice authentic getaway from touristic restaurants or fast food chains.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We came here on a Tuesday night and it was worth it. The restaurant is blocks away from the Florida State football stadium. Everyone at the table got the buffalo chicken po'boy because my brother recommended it and it was very good. Maybe a tad on the spicy side. I got the french fries seasoned and the were just ok. We topped the night off with some beignets which were delicious, kind of like New Orleans' Cafe Du Monde. Service was very good as well.

1  Thank Ricky J