“Chemical Sanitation Smell While Eating Was Awful!”

Los Compadres Restaurant
Ranked #588 of 865 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stopped short at the door, and I should have listened to my reflexes and go somewhere else, but I thought the odor was just temporary and the smell will go away after the initial reaction. But sadly, I could not enjoy my food with that chemical smell overwhelmed with every bite. Notwithstanding the chemical odor, I had been to this restaurant twice before, and although my friends on previous occasions commented that the food wasn't good, and the service sloppy, I gave it two more chances hoping it would improve. Thus I will now conclude that the hopes of getting good food here is a hopeless case. I was patient because there weren't that many Mexican cantinas near where I lived, but, I must throw in the towel this time and declare the food I had ordered during my three visits were awful.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were driving thru and decided to have dinner here on a Saturday night. Worst decision of our lives. Try to start off with 2 waters, a strawberry margarita, and a banana margarita. Still currently waiting on the waters. They were "running out" of banana, and according to our server Romay, it "sucks". Cool, whatever, he recommended the pina colada one, which we went with. Also ordered a chorizo meat dip. He comes back with the margaritas, strawberry one tastes like straight tequila. Pina colada one had zero alcohol. He returns 10 minutes later asking if we're ready to order. Date orders a Mexican sampler. I say I want to build a burrito. He interrupts me, and comes back with a card for me to fill out. Tad unprofessional, but I work in restaurants and know how complicated that kind of thing can become. We wait around 20 minutes and our entrees come out. At this point I ask him about our dip which we never received. He apooogizes and runs off. Cool. My burrito, although slightly misprepared, tasted great. My girlfriend's food was bland and unappealing. Ten minutes later we get a mix of grease, chorizo, I tiny bit of cheese, and more grease. No chips with it either. Terrible. To top it off i went to the restroom which was disgusting and had no paper towels even though there were 3 employees using it when I went in there. Truly the worst dining experience of my life

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Always authentic , enchiladas, carnita's, salad, burritos, guacamole, queso, you name it, it's simply the best. The wait staff is always attentive and on point. My favorite is enchiladas Verde.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

It's been awhile since we visited los.compadres. Today we were in for a very nice surprise. Many things have changed in the restaurant. The service, the atmosphere, was wonderful. I enjoyed a chicken fajita salad which was absolutely delicious! Highly recommended but you might need to add a little extra hot sauce for an extra kick.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

It's hard to find Molle. I've been all over the US. This dish is hard to find. Comes in a dark sweet, which is served here and a light brown which is a little spicer. The sweeter Molle was nice. Good flavor. Side dish of beans and rice.