“Truly The Place For a Proper Night's Rest”

The Little English Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Tallahassee B&B and Inns
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Truly The Place For a Proper Night's Rest”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at the Little English Guesthouse for FSU Parent's Weekend to visit my son. My stay was absolutely perfect and I slept so well. Tracey, the innkeeper, was extremely hospitable. When I arrived late Thursday night she greeted me with a cup of hot English tea and made me feel right at home. She also had delightful breakfast pastries, fruit and other delicious goodies and snacks for midnight cravings. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a great shower. The location was away from all of the chaos and confusion. Tracey also provided excellent recommendations for restaurants nearby. I look forward to my return to the Little English Guesthouse - a home away from home. A great place for a very peaceful and quiet stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
SusanBBT2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you for your glowing review! You are right that our location is away from the chaos, and on peak nights in Tallahassee (when there are FSU events), a little peace and quiet can be an elusive find! Being a 10 minute drive from downtown makes all the difference so we're glowing with glee you consider us to be absolutely perfect for a PROPER nights' rest! Please come back and stay with us next time you're in Tallahassee to visit FSU or even non-FSU people!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Iowa
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed here as we traveled through Florida. We frequently bed and breakfast inns almost exclusively and would rank this one as one of the top 3. The inn is spotless, quiet and convenient. Tracey's attention to detail is outstanding. Tracey works to make your stay a good one without hovering. We had brought our dinner with us and knowing that Tracey had the table in dining room set for us to use, complete with nice china and cloth napkins!

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We're beaming with delight at being in your Top 3 - but we'd like to be your # 1 in all honesty! Thank you for noticing our attention to detail, and the art of meeting your needs but not "hovering" is an art we work hard at, so we appreciate your gracious words. Just 5 miles from downtown Tallahassee, we certainly are the most convenient inn that also offers peace and quiet away from the chain hotel crowd. Hope to see you again next time you're in our lovely city!
Vogelenzang, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 October 2011

As I was traveling alone to visit a sick relative in Tallahassee, I felt very comfortable and safe at The Little English Guesthouse. The room I stayed in was the Essex Room. Very cozy, nicely decorated and very clean. The shower was terrific. Everything I needed was in the room, no need to ask for anything, Tracey has thought of everything even Bathrobes to lounge in. Lovely. For breakfast, bagels, muffins, yogurt etc. and Tracey made a special strong pot of coffee for me. Whatever you needs are just let Tracey know, she wanted me to have a nice stay and I did. I will go back. Can't wait to try another room when I go back..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
SusanBBT2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Thank you for your gracious words, we are over the moon that you feel like this is your home away from home! That means "Mission Accomplished" for us - our goal is to make your stay so peaceful and tranquil, you'll feel like you're at home, even when you are in a strange town far from family or friends. We look forward to you experiencing our other rooms the next time you're in beautiful Tallahassee!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Pros:

Tracy, the owner, very nice person.
Very nice place. Everything is clean and new.
Close to everything.
Room was great. Most comfortable bed I have had in a while.
Kitchen availble 24/7
Quite
Bathroom very clean and water very hot.
Come as you go as you please.
Host availble (but we never needed her).
Good coffee.
Good breakfast.
Checkout time was very flexable for us. Being Just home from the FSU game.

Cons:

TV in bedroom is way to small. She needs to get a 40 inch wall mounted plasma.
Also needs a DVD player.

People on vacation in a new town sometimes want to just relax with a movie (DVD).

I wish the price was lower. If it was priced lower I would stay there a lot more. But, even at this price, I would stay again. I just wish it was lower.

Parking is tricky.

Room Tip: Great rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
We're happy you enjoyed a "proper nights' rest" at our bed and breakfast and we agree, our beds are the best! Location, location, we certainly are close to downtown, FSU and "everything else". In these times we are glad to provide a clean, quiet place to lay your weary head, and great value for money on what was one of the peak weekends of the season in Tallahassee.
Good breakfast, clean bathroom, you paid superb attention to our details! Thanks for your review and we look forward to taking care of you again, really soon!
Minneola, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The service was great. I called ahead to get a few restaurant suggestions. Tracey was very helpful with that. Had a lovely dinner.
The London room was very nice. Had everything you could want and need.
The location was perfect - not too far from major interstate, but in a quiet residential community. Very close to lots of restaurants.
Breakfast was fantastic - fresh fruit and homemade breakfast breads - juice, coffee, cereal.

Room Tip: The London Room - king bed - very nice
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gator91
AmandaLou2, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for your kind words, we are happy you enjoyed our service, and we agree we are a great alternative to any hotel! We try to thing of everything you might want, so we're glad we hit the mark again with our "fantastic breakfast" and our great location. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again!