“Good Food Quick”

Gordo's Downtown
Ranked #141 of 921 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Three people walk into a restaurant... We had our choice of tables on a quiet Saturday pre-lunch rush. We were quickly greeted and served our iced tea. Ordered a Chicken Philly, La Gordita and an El Gordo, along with croquetas and fries for the table. All were served in a timely manner and were delicious, though I prefer my fries crispier.

The only negative was that the music was turned up a notch once the lunch crowd starting coming in which made any conversation difficult.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My family recently drove through Tally to see how it has changed since my husband and I went to FSU and we debated on which restaurant we wanted to go back to and Gordos was top of mind. The atmosphere is a hole in the wall college bar with tropical flair. Great to reminisce about fun times but don't expect fancy. It is seat yourself, but Our service once we sat was fantastic. Our server came by enough, but not too much, to check on us. Don't get the Gordo Smash fruity rum punch unless you have a good tolerance or are prepared to be useless the rest of the day! It was worth the $10! The food was terrific.
I had a potato ball, croquettes and grilled cheese with tomato and all were tasty.
My kids had chicken and rice (delicious and they ate it up), black beans and rice and a beef empanada. My husband had the biggest fried steak I ever saw which made him very happy. Plus see my photo. Gorgeous presentation! Generous portions and decent price for all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great lunch! This authentic Cuban food restaurant is excellent. It takes me back to my grandmother & mom's cooking growing up in Puerto Rico. Food is absolutely delicious. The arroz con pollo (chicken & rice) was perfect.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered Lechon asado, and 3 Cuban sandwiches , with sides of maduros for $45. Service was good.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Steak sandwich was basically a dry slab of meat with dry bread and over-seasoned (read: salty) fries. The rellena was over-cooked and dry. So...if you are the type of person who has overactive salivary glands, this will dry you right up. Maybe the other dishes are better, but I won't be back to find out.

Date of visit: June 2017