“Think twice about staying here!”

MainStay Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #57 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This property cuts too many corners to be a quality hotel. The linens are thin and poor quality that one doesn't even want to touch them much less sleep on them. The breakfast buffet is at a third world level. Do not look behind the furniture as cleaning was obviously avoided. I decided to relocate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Tallahassee

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here for a wedding at a nearby venue in April.
Pros:
1. Modern - good design, nice colors
2. Decent sized room - plenty of space to spread out
3. Clean sheets - a must at any hotel
4. Friendly front desk staff
5. Free wifi (using from hotel room now)

Cons:
1. Mold/mildew - complained to front desk and was switched to another room. The second room also had mold but it was more spread out so we opted to stay in the original room.
2. Housekeeping - woke us up at 9:15am and then knocked again around 10:35am. We didn't have a "Do not disturb tag" to hang up.
3. Spider - ran across my foot while I was on the john
4. Used coffee cup - top coffee cup was new but the 2nd one had been used by a previous guest and left there so we only had coffee for 1.
5. BYOT - bring your own toiletries. The female and I both found the shampoo, conditioner, and soap harsh.
6. Location - Kinda hidden from the road but just look for Ted's Montana Grill if Priceline dooms you here.

Unfortunately, we still have a night left in this place. Definitely NOT a 3 star hotel. More like 2 star and that's why it's getting 2 stars from me. Expected better.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks (so far). If strictly based on the quality of the room, then this is 3 stars/circles. It's clean, rooms are decent size, bathrooms are very bright and modern but the furniture is a bit old and the pillows aren't very fluffy or supportive. It doesn't really bother me but I put 2 pillows on top of each other and once you lie down and push the air out, they're pretty flat. I gave it an extra star because every interaction I've had with hotel employees has been excellent. The price is much cheaper than the Courtyard or Residence Inn nearby ($99 vs. $130). The location is great, right off of I-10 and there is a ton of stuff nearby. It's also very quiet because its off the main streets and at night, those streets are pretty empty. The gym is pretty basic and not particularly well maintained but usable however you can use the Gold's Gym a mile away which is really great. Lastly, the cable and internet are very good. The cable isn't HD but there are tons of channels and the TVs are all good sized flat panels. Unlike a lot of other hotels with free Internet (I find Courtyards to be consistently bad), the wifi is pretty fast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here for a week in March 2012. The rooms were clean, and the property was well-kept-up, but our stay was rather unpleasant. The beds and particularly the pillows are uncomfortable; the shower is ultra-modern and thus completely incapable of keeping water off the bathroom floor; and worst of all, a tour group of teenagers turned the atrium just outside of our room into a block party for three consecutive nights. This isn't the hotel's fault. I suppose, but the staff did little to quiet them down, and my wife and I did not get a very good night's sleep.

It's a nice hotel, and maybe other people will have better luck than we did, but we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atria if you want a quiet place to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stay at this hotel each time I visit Tallahassee because it is conveniently located off of I-10.

The hotel has a slight odor from being renovated but is clean throughout. The rooms are clean but do show some signs of wear and tear. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a quieter side of town away from crime and noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business