All reviews waffles complimentary breakfast housekeeping staff an older property breakfast attendant poolside room would stay again stuart florida tiki
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed here one night pre-cruise on our way to Ft. Lauderdale. I booked this specifically because the price. At $85 a night, it couldn't be beat as hotel rooms in Ft. Lauderdale were $250+ a night.

I agree with the reviewer that said this is a solid hotel. I was very skeptical and nervous after booking this place and reading previous reviews. I had three rooms booked which were booked months in advance. My only criticism of the place is that since I had three rooms booked, I would have thought that we would have all been near one another and in the same location. We ended up with one updated room on the second floor facing the pool, and two rooms on the first floor facing the RV dealer next door. However, they were really not that far apart, so in the grand scheme of things, it was fine. I had confirmed my reservation before we left New York, and the employee at the front desk had already informed me where the rooms were. I knew the location of the rooms even before we got there, so it was no surprise.

The updated room was very, very nice. The rooms that were not updated were adequate, clean, and the beds were comfy. The tub in our room was stained due to age, but assuming they are still upgrading rooms here and there, I'm sure that will be replaced eventually.

We did not utilize the pool at all. It did look nice and clean though.

We visited the Tipsy Parrot while there. The bartender (can't remember her name) was top notch and so friendly. We really had a great time conversing with her. The food was quite good, and everyone enjoyed their meal.

I will say that being near an airport and in the flight path, did make it a bit noisy, but did not affect our stay at all. In fact, we enjoyed watching them fly overhead.

The breakfast was fantastic. Good variety of hot and cold items, and very tasty. The breakfast area is larger than most I've seen, and plenty of seating was available for everyone.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ClarionInnStuartFL, Hotel Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello Guest,

At the outset, let me thank you for staying with us and taking valuable time to give us a feedback.
Your comments are much encouraging and guide us for improvement.
We shall definitely try to make your next stay still awesome.
Appreciate your patronage.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Our room (#110) had such a strong smell of mildew that it was hard to fall asleep, and the door to the bathroom scraped on the casing so each time someone opened or closed the door everyone in our family was awakened., But the breakfast was excellent with lots of choices, a lovely breakfast setting, and helpful staff. The room was clean and beds moderately comfortable, and the price good.More
Room Tip: Make sure your room does not smell like mildew before you settle in.

Date of stay: April 2018
ClarionInnStuartFL, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We clearly let you down and we apologize for that.This is not an indication of how we normally do business, and I’m embarrassed by the quality of your experience. I hope you will generously give us another chance in the future. We take all comments seriously and will do better for you next time.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stopped in Stuart overnight and picked this motel based on reviews and price. Thought it was average. It is a large motel with multiple buildings. They were crowded but check-in person was great finding us a suitable room at a good price. facility is showing it's age but was clean. Pretty noisy overall and the pool crowd went till at least 11:00 pm partying. Not the motel's fault, but close in proximity to an active train track which had several middle of the night prolonged whistles. Breakfast was excellent w good fresh selection of hot and cold.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the good feedback
and we apologize if the pool noise was louder than necessary. Awesome
news that you enjoyed the breakfast. Best regards.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have stayed at Clarion Hotels before and found this particular Clarion rather interesting. I'm guessing it was an Econo Lodge/Travelodge/La Quinta type of property before being branded a Clarion. It's a solid property where you can defiantly tell recent renovations have improved and spruced the property up considerably. The inside of the rooms are on par with most 3 star type hotels. The outside has been freshly painted and cleaned, very nice heated pool but the rooms open to the outside, which I had not previously seen in Clarion properties. A hidden gem of this property is the hotel bar/restaurant...TheTipsy Parrott. Excellent Service, Excellent Food, decent prices. The bar/restaurant is located outdoors in a tiki bar setting perfect for the Florida coast. Appears to draw a local and hotel crowd and everyone was welcoming and kind.
I also must point out the free hot breakfast. The breakfast room is large enough to accommodate however it was very busy and staff was working extremely hard to keep up with demand. Staff was unable to keep up with demand for hot items but it was no fault of the staff, the food was being taken the moment it was put out due to a large breakfast crowd at the time. For a free hot breakfast it was particularly tasty and much appreciated. The staff at breakfast was very friendly even though they clearly were overwhelmed by demand.
For South Florida in March I paid a decent rate of about $100 per night, which wasn't excessive, considering the
amenities.
Overall, this a solid property, with friendly staff who are very attentive to customer service. The rooms are comfortable.

1  Thank kuffup
General M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear guest,
This by far is the best most accurate honest review I have seen in a long time.
Being fair and observant of so many things. I do appreciate it very much.
thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. Best regards.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Stayed at this hotel a year ago as the location was decent and the accommodations were acceptable. However, a year later and the accommodations were not suitable.
Bath tub drain was sluggish and the shower head was loose. The sheets were sloppy and barely fitting on the mattress. The floor was filthy and desperately in need of vacuuming.
We continued our stay only because we arrived late and were leaving early. All problems were brought to the attention of the front desk when exiting but absolutely no response from administration thereafter.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear guest,
It is amazing to hear what you've stated when in the past year we have
renovated over half the hotel with new furniture and carpet and painted
the exterior and lobby. New furniture in the lobby and although you
found a loose sheet and a slow drain you say it is poor. We vacuum
the rooms daily and inspect for cleanliness. We just scored a 91.7 in
cleanliness from an independent company hired by Choice Hotels. We will
begin carpet cleaning of all our rooms as our high season comes to a close.
When 1 out of 10 guests are unhappy we do offer our sincere apology.