“Surprise construction”

Hampton Inn Spring Hill
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Reviewed 27 March 2017

While nothing was on their website about under construction, they were....however, even though the entrance was through the major construction area, and 1/2 of the 3rd floor was under renovation, Hampton Inn held to its usual high standards. Great staff, no construction noise or dust, clean comfortable rooms. We were on the end of the 3rd floor awaiting renovation, so I'm assuming the bathroom door - which appeared to have water damage/pealing at the bottom - will be replaced. Only 2 complaints, really. One, you have to U-turn across heavy traffic when you approach it from one direction. Two, the scrambled eggs tasted powdered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel would be quieter...we were on the highway side so it was noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Wow how truly disappointing my wife’s stay at the Hampton Inn Spring Hill Florida was. It’s really fascinating because I have just recently traveled from California to Florida with my daughter on her way to doing an internship at Walt Disney World. We stayed in Hampton Inn’s all the way there and were extremely pleased with the accommodations and service we received throughout our trip. So much so that when my wife and I went to a concert last month I booked the Hampton Inn and Suites Agora Hills and loved it. When my wife wanted to go visit my daughter in Florida and also visit her sister, I booked Hampton Inn’s never thinking twice as I booked her at the Hampton Inn in Orlando and Spring Hill.

She thought highly of her stay in Orlando.

However that all changed when my wife checked into the Spring Hill yesterday and had to stand around without acknowledgment, while the desk attendants chatted away about personal issues. When they finally decided to assist her, they failed in even the simplest of niceties like a greeting. There was no normal greeting, no thanks for your loyalty as is normal and they were even unwilling to try and accommodate a preference on room location when asked. They just said no.

When my wife and daughter got to the room they called down and asked for towels whereby the desk made it clear that this request was an annoyance and they would only if they could find someone to deliver them. When asked for a late check out, my wife was told again no. No discussion no sorry just No. She found mold in the room and the shower curtain and sheets were in tatters on the bottom. She truly thought that maybe it just got taken over by Hilton but found out later that it was always a Hilton.

I should have looked at the trip advisor reviews because they are accurate in their ugly description of this hotel. I failed to do so because I got lolled into a trusting disposition due to the number of truly satisfactory stays at the brand

I’m a Diamond Member and have already stayed in more than 20 Hilton hotels plus a few this year already. So you might assume I know a thing or two about what is expected. I understand that things happen, however I always expect curtesy and respect when I visit or book my family to visit.

My wife also travels with me a bit and knows what to expect at a Hilton, she is truly irritated and I got an earful today. She even noticed that she was not greeted even once from the desk as is the custom at the other Hiltons we have stayed at.

This Hampton Inn needs new management or a new name, it clearly isn’t a Hilton!

So it pains me to have to say that clearly the brand is great for a traveler, just stay away from the Spring Hill Hampton Inn until they fix the problems.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kbriss
Parth P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Not noted on Web site that this hotel was under construction, but hotel still clean and quiet. Disappointed in powdered scrambled eggs, usually fresh, but everything else was the usual Hampton quality

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Not only was the rooms and foyer clean, the beds were super comfy and had sparkling white sheets! The staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable on the area for places we had to go!! Even though they were under renovations, it was still great!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Beds were very comfortable, under renovation, but not an issue. Only slight issue was breakfast not being ready on time. No fruit was available until later and oatmeal was not ready either. Fitness center worked fine.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
16.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
15.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West

Been to Hampton Inn Spring Hill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK