New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Siesta Beach Resort & Suites

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Sugar Grove IL
“Con Artists - Needs To Be Shut Down or rented by the hour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Instant disappointment! from the first card swipe into the room. The money to quality ratio is criminal. Scummy everything here including staff. Booked 6 nights, on the 4th night I killed a couple of small bugs thinking nothing of it. On the 5th night after being awoken from the loose fan in the boxed AC unit and our cement slab mattress several times; I was re-awoken to my girlfriend shrieking my name saying I need to kill a bug as she had been up to use the restroom. I got up frustrated thinking it was another small bug. However, it was a cockroach over an inch long. After killing it we turned on the main light discovering many more including small ones just like the ones I had killed the day prior not knowing what they were. Waited in our rental car until the office opened at 7. I explained our situation; instead of receiving an apology or offering me another room I was greeted with complete hostility. I explained this must be a common issue based off your reaction and complete lack of assistance. Disgustingly unprofessional! After 45 minutes of a one-sided discussion I was offered 10% off my next stay. Insulting. I was eventually able to get one night removed and I cut our stay short. We spent our last full day going through all our luggage and finding another hotel. I will be contacting Florida/Siesta Key Tourism. I'm sure they don't want this type of business to exist for the #1 beach in America.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Rob M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My family went for a long weekend and we were in for an overpriced and dirty surprise. Upon entering the room smelled like an old dirty motel room. They said it was renovated but all the furniture was stained and gross but the floor was the worst. My baby was covered in filth after crawling around for 30 seconds...we had to keep her on the pack and play while inside. When I complain the the night staff he used the f word....asked me if I knew where I was ...insinuating I should be happy I was able to stay in siesta key. He then bowed up at my husband and started shaking...I really though he was going to hit us. He then threatened to demagnetized our keys. His name was Scott but he lied to my husband and said it was matt(I had been the office previously when he answered hello my name is scott). I felt very scared sleeping there...I almost called police. I felt he was unstable. My mother in law had to sleep on the pullout couch and there were actual springs coming through. I have stayed in sk before but at the tropical breeze resort which is wonderful but all booked up.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Sarah F

Travellers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have to tell you I was concerned, based upon recent reviews, what we would find at the Siesta Beach Resort & Suites. We enjoyed our stay, were comfortable in our room and will definitely return. We stayed in an efficiency so it had a king size bed, little refrigerator, microwave and toaster. No oven or stove but I knew that when I booked the room (so no cooking -- darn!!!). Bed was comfy, pillows OK (plenty to choose from), shower OK but not great. Easy check-in and pleasant staff in the office. They made a point of giving us three keys, suggesting we put the third one in our car since they can get messed up by cell phones and credit cards and that way we'd have a backup. Good thinking and we appreciated it.

We have been to Siesta Key several times but usually stayed farther south. This location is excellent, given its proximity to restaurants and nightlife. Interestingly, it sits right behind a place with live music outside but noise wasn't a problem. The walk to the beach is a little ways -- farther than when we stayed on Sara Sea Circle -- but the beach itself was less crowded, too.

We lucked out that the Siesta Fiesta arts and crafts show was scheduled for when we were there. Artisans and craftspeople filled several blocks of the main street.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Room was dirty an right next to a loud bar. When we went to the front desk to complain, the guy behind the counter confronted my wife and threatened to deactivate our room key. Absolutely horrendous hotel. Would not stay here again even if someone paid me. Don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gatordutch1
naples, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed in Siesta Key for one night and thought the room was okay for sleeping. The bed is hard as mentioned in previous reviews, sheets are thin, there was mold on the curtain from the a/c unit blowing on it. I may have had an updated bathroom (room 112) as the tile was decent but tan so you could not tell if it was dirty. I never had my shoes off when walking so don't know if there was sand on the floor as previous mentioned. I was in the units across from the lobby which is nice as you can park your car in front of your unit. I walked to the beach for sunset and back to the room for a cocktail and then back out to dinner. In the morning the Siesta Fiesta was taking place so very nice to have right outside your hotel room. I would stay again for one night if the rate was good but there are other places to consider in the village as well.. The girl at the counter said room 110 was better and updated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turtle Beach Resort
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.1 km away
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK