“Dinner a first”

Dimitri's Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Dimitri's many many times for breakfast, but this is first time for dinner. I ordered the turkey dinner, $9.99 came with plenty of real turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veg and rolls. The turkey was tender and juicy, great stuffing, real mashed, everything was delicious except the gravy. I think it was yellow bouillon thickened, awful! Next time I order this I will get it minus gravy. Hubby has 1/2 roast chicken with 2 sides, rolls and dessert $8.99 (early bird), which he said was great. Service good, nice people. Just please change your gravy!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We have lots of friends in Sebring who love this place. We’ve only been here 4 times, with groups and with another couple, for breakfast. Each time we both had problems with our meals. Potatoes were not fully cooked, the entire meal was cold or lukewarm, eggs were over or under cooked and my spouse had stomach problems not to long after breakfast. We’re not complainers, our friends haven’t had the same negative experiences, so maybe we just had some bad luck; but four times (?). I would like to try their pizza or lunch sometime.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

A very casual, low-key diner type of eatery, Dimitri's Family Restaurant is all hometown goodness with a HUGE variety of options. Excellent Greek food, hearty breakfasts (4 types of eggs benedict!) as well as full Sunday dinner type specials and there are cakes in the cooler that will give you whiplash the first time you walk by them.

Did I mention the Pizza Kitchen? Yeah, they make the most amazing pizza and have more than 5 varieties for picky vegetarian gals like myself. I usually order the Ratatouille or Fancy Mushrooms with no mozzarella. Husband likes the Classic (red sauce & cheese) or recently he tried the Chicago Deep Dish which was maybe the most impressive (sexy!) pizza I have seen in a long time.

You can literally take a group and everyone order something different and everything is always great. Their bruschetta -Greek or Italian- is one of my favorites. There is also the spinach pie or stuffed florentine tomatoes. All good vegetable-based healthier options. Their house Greek dressings is really tasty and their pasta dinners are huge. If you have hungry men or a group of senior adults, trust me-this is the place to go. Their dinner specials include salad or soup, bread, the meal and dessert. Too much food for me but many folks I know love it. Very inexpensive regardless of what you choose.

In the Pizza Kitchen they have fancy Italian cookies that make great gifts or cannoli's that are an excellent treat every now and then. These are the type that you can't find anywhere else in town except maybe during the holidays.

The owner is typically there and most of the staff have been there a long time. Friendly, casual and plenty of food for your money. Too much food really, but then it can be lunch the next day!

The 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar is also on site-it's like three places in one-and is always packed on the weekends. Live local music and it must be good because people fill it up most nights. Not our thing, but that this place is humming throughout the weekend at all 3 outlets and it's a local family-run business that always provides good service, great food and friendly faces, I find that impressive.

We see people enjoying a meal with their dog-seated outside on the wrap around porch-and there is also counter seating inside. No need to dress up, not a fancy place by any means but ask the gals for whatever you need and they make it happen. It's a staple of our dining out in Highlands County and worth checking out if you haven't tried it yet. All I can say is get the Greek food-it's truly their specialty-or order one of those amazing pizzas.

1  Thank HarrisAndCompany
Reviewed 16 August 2018

The food was good enough, nothing special. I think the server summed it up well, when we asked where the sides were listed she said "page 202".

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Food is very good and waitresses also. Have had breakfast and dinner here....crowded but great service.