“Variety of hot dogs and brats at reasonable prices.”
Review of Big Star Dogs

Big Star Dogs
Ranked #27 of 155 Restaurants in Sebring
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Description: Big Star Dogs is the only hot dog restaurant in Highlands County Florida. We are committed to satisfying all of our customers with great quality all beef and or veggie hot dogs where you pick from a wide variety of delicious toppings. Also serving sausages, Italian beef sandwiches, various sides and more. Expect great friendly service and affordable prices.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Two of us had lunch there recently as we wanted to try something casual. Nice varied menu greets you as you walk in the door to a cheerful dining room. I chose a brat with peppers and onions while my friend got a slaw dog. I think I would order a hot dog next time as the brat bun was more bread than I needed. We shared an order of fries that were delicious, even when they had cooled off. Sodas were unlimited and they featured coke products. Casual dining with no pressure to hurry out.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I tried the beef sandwich, which was exceptionally flavorful. My wife had a chili-dog and was also pleased. The fries were fresh and crisp. Staff was very attentive. Truly a winner here. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We both ordered the Chicago-style dog which was topped with mustard, relish, pickles, tomatoes, onions and peppers, and came on a poppyseed bun. The dog was delicious, the toppings plentiful and the bun nice and fresh. We ordered well done fries, and they were crispy, hot and tasty.

The place is small, but very clean with a pleasant atmosphere, and enough tables and chairs, even at high noon.

The parking lot leaves a little to be desired -- you have to back out at a 90-degree angle -- but there are enough spots, and it is nicely paved.

All in all, a nice little spot.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I came here for a beef and added a Chicago dog when I realized they use Vienna Beef dogs (for the Chicago only). Excellent beef and proper dog. I lived in metro Chicago for a few years and am glad to have this authentic option available. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

First time - on a Saturday. Lunch, not real busy but steady. Ordered a "Baked Bean" since I have never had one. With slaw. Fork is required! Messy a bit and delicious. Ask for ketchup or mustard BEFORE they serve the dog to you.

Fries we delicious! Skinny fries like McDonalds but like homestyle with potato skin on. asked for chili and cheese....oh yes! Iced tea and free refills. Fresh brewed