All reviews rooftop pool wxyz bar within walking distance downtown location bayfront park food area fun hotel style hotel modern design room layout nice gym main street valet parking is key card bathroom area rooms are small whole foods
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We wanted to try an Aloft. And now we have. Though we reserved 3 nights, we checked out after 1. The hotel is similar to the streamlined hotels found around large airports
in Europe: high on tech, low on comfort. Sparsely furnished with few amenities in the rooms, the emphasis is on technology. But in our room, a large corner room, only one if the electric blinds functioned. The shower spread water into the bathroom. The vanity sink faucet is so tall it sprayed water everywhere. Beds were comfortable, TV very good. But the grab and go breakfast options (at extra cost) were unappetizing. We moved to a more comfortable hotel for $50 less a night and free parking (which cost $15/night for the garage if street parking isn't available at the Aloft). The Aloft is in a good area with lots of cafes nearby. Too bad there aren't more hotel options in downtown Sarasota.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank capellirossi
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disheartened to read that your stay with us was not as you anticipated. Our guest feedback is important to us as it helps us to further improve upon the services we offer. Our team is always available to address any concerns you may have. I regret we did not have the opportunity to ensure your complete satisfaction when it mattered most. Your comments will be shared with our team and we hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back so we may provide you with an experience that ensures your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Despite my calls to the hotel and the website main number about bringing a pet, they neglected to tell me that a cat was not welcome until after we had checked in (for the week) and unpacked. We were shocked when the management knocked on our door and told us nicely but firmly that we had to leave; cats weren't part of the pet friendly policy. Finally, they conceded that we could stay the night. Due to the our business appointments we had early the next morning, we couldn't check out. We took the cat with us (major stress for us and our old frail tom) and tried at every opportunity during the day to get another hotel. We returned at about 5pm to find several messages about us leaving. The manager told us they had found two hotels for us which were not acceptable to us, one due to the location which would have been 45 minutes from where our daytime business was (1.5 hours round trip to check on the cat!)

On a flyer, I called the Hotel Indigo, one of our Sarasota favorites, and found they take pets, ("You can bring your cat, your turtle, your Iguana, your snake, your bird, whatever, we have a separated wing for pets and their owners") I was so fired and stressed from the day, their special attention to us and our cat made up for the whole mess). They were much more prepared, special pet notifications hung on the door, housekeeping that arranges the room cleaning to your schedule, etc etc and we weren't made to feel like criminals!)

In fairness to the Aloft, they comped us the room after my husband demanded it.

I love Starwood Hotels and usually seek them out, but this one needs to work on their promises.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you have pets
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank lana o
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Complete details of our pet-friendly accommodations are noted on our website and we regret you were not made aware of this prior to your arrival. We allow dogs up to 40 pounds and only one per room. Your feedback will be shared with our team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope that you will have the chance to visit us again so we may provide you with a stay that meets your expectations on every level.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

If you are looking for a hotel in the Downtown Sarasota area, with the perfect location and outstanding staff, then just book it.. I am in the process of relocation, and I currently call this hotel my home away from home. Ihave stayed four times in the past few months. The hotel is literally just around the corner from the entire downtown area and a few blocks from the BayFront. I can't say enough nice things about management , desk clerks and the car valets. Service with a smile!!!! They have been extremely accommodating to my every need, and have even graciously provided no fee late check outs when needed. The entire facility is brand new and ultra trendy. Free WIFI, comfy mattress.. I know that the style might not be to everyone's liking, but for price, location and amenities, it can't be beat. The rooms, pool and lobby are maintained spotlessly clean . The roof top pool with hot tub, though not large, is fabulous on a hot day. There is a small bar area. The price is extremely reasonable, and if you are lucky, you might also find it on hotwire. The lobby is a happy place that boasts a bar, food area, pool table. outdoor seating firepit area and computer work station. I LOVE THIS PLACE. Thank you Aloft Sarasota for making my introduction to Sarasota so warm and welcome. My doggie even loves it, and he stays for free. I will be back...:)

Room Tip: High floors quiet, make request for quiet
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

What a truly wonderful review! We could not thank you enough for your high praise of our hotel and staff. We are thrilled to read you have found the Aloft Sarasota to be your home away from home during your relocation. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in and I am delighted you have experienced this during each visit. It is truly a pleasure to welcome you and your dog to the Alfot Sarasota. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The new Aloft is downtown Sarasota is nice for a limited-service hotel. The rooms are different than most hotel rooms but enjoyable. The decor is modern and edgy with all of the modern amenities. The staff was great at being helpful and friendly. It was a nice change.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was great to welcome you and we are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, we are an ideal fit for anyone traveling to Sarasota. Our guests are just steps from restaurants, shopping, attractions and more. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aloft Sarasota the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

I have yet to be disappointed with a stay at Aloft. Check in was quick and easy, the reps were very friendly, and the rooms are spacious and clean. They have a lovely rooftop pool, bar, and refresh stations. Would recommend to anyone visiting this area.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank leroncita
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

It was wonderful to welcome you and we cannot thank you enough for your kind remarks. It is great that you had the opportunity to spend some time at our roof top Splash pool. Your recommendations to others is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Aloft Sarasota again soon. Thank you.