Sleep Inn Sarasota
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota - I75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
US$ 96
US$ 111
US$ 167
Homewood
US$ 247
US$ 213
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 94
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
US$ 171
Carlisle Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
US$ 134
Travelocity
US$ 452
US$ 413
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot eggs and sausageroom was cleannice showerchoice hotelsa king size bedfront desk staffone night stayclose to the airportshort drivemotel
Reviewed 18 January 2016

This motel is hidden away at the end of a street opposite the airport road, which I thought was quite unusual. The motel was fine, the desk clerk was pleasant and our room and bathroom was clean. We didn't get up in time for breakfast, so I can't comment about that. Good value.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

The staff was so helpful, they helped with printing boarding passes for flight home, the food was what can be expected for a hot breakfast, but the service is worth the stay. The counter help and breakfast staff great, the maintenance staff worked fast and efficient. The stay was worth a lot more then cost. The rooms were awesome

Room Tip: whether booking online or on the phone the staff helps give you the best deal
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jad B
Reviewed 6 January 2016

We stayed from DEc. 26-to Jan.3 had No problems at all. The room was clean, helpful staff, and a mini fridge and microwave I was not expecting. Good free breakfast. The pool is small but fairly clean and private with palms and small trees. My cell phone worked fine and I have a Cdn. phone. Always got a parking space. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on lst floor ,handy for access to pool and parking.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I recently stayed here twice, a few weeks apart. It really made me realize how the guests present at a particular moment really affect the atmosphere in the hotel.

I was present for the same incident that Lisa J. mentioned and was also kind of sketched out. A few weeks later, I had to return to Sarasota. The second time, the only hotels in town that fit my budget were the Sleep Inn... and the significantly sketchier hotels on the North Trail. I decided to give the Sleep Inn a second chance. This time, the other guests were mostly older couples and families dressed for a beach vacation.

Pros: Friendly front desk staff, good price by Sarasota standards, relatively quiet location (despite its location by the airport), proximity to 41/ 301/ I-75 and New College/ USF/ Ringling, pretty extensive breakfast choices, huge shower.

Cons: Room hadn't been aired out in who knows how long, room doors slam unless you're careful closing them, walls are kind of thin (but that's typical of construction in the southern US anyway), wi-fi was really slow, I haven't been able to get more than one bar of service on my phone (but that's often the case in this part of Sarasota/ Bradenton), TV had a row of burnt out pixels, hotel seems to want to be geared towards business clients even though that's not the clientele they had during either visit. I agree with other guests who mentioned that the addition of a mini-fridge would be a wonderful perk.

I wasn't here to stay in my room, but it was a convenient, relatively decently-priced place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank yomintyfresh
Reviewed 31 December 2015

In other reviews you'll see people saying the price is right, and that this hotel is a good value, etc etc. And that the hotel staff are pleasant and very easy to work with. All of those things are true-- superficially, at least-- but come with significant caveats.

If you listen to nothing else in this review, listen to this: don't book their regular king rooms. They are TINY (only a little larger than the bed itself) and lacking in the kind of features you'd expect to get for the rate you pay: there's no fridge, no microwave, and the bathroom is pretty small.

The tiny, slightly dingy room would have been forgivable if not for a couple things. Firstly, the wifi just didn't work. We had terrible LTE reception on our cellphones-- one bar, basically just slow-as-porridge EDGE-- but that was *still* better than the wifi, because our phones would at least eventually load pages, instead of just throwing up errors. Asking the techs the hotel staff referred us to to restart the router didn't help, so we spent the night without internet, which my husband could sorely have used to do some work.

Secondly, our room smelled awful. At first, because we were tired and we had a 3-night booking, I thought we'd just soldier on through the first night and then ask to switch rooms, since I was worried we wouldn't be able to find rooms anywhere better. Once I found out that our favorite (and more expensive) hotel in the area had space available, I canceled the rest of our 3-night stay as soon as I could.

To be fair, throughout my interactions with them, the staff was courteous and friendly. They seemed eager to try and switch out our room, and refunded the remaining two nights of our canceled booking with no complaint. Unfortunately, after we left the hotel, I got a call about a previous booking for a 7-night stay that I'd made and canceled while we were still working out our plans. Apparently, that canceled booking was still mysteriously in their system, and they were trying to sort out why it was still in there. Since I booked and canceled through booking.com, all I could do was tell Sleep Inn I'd done so, and wait for them to call me back once they'd figured it out.

Naturally, I didn't hear back from them, and later that night, I saw a charge for the canceled booking go onto my card. The next morning, when I called to find out what was going on, I was told that they would be reversing the charge since I wasn't staying there (good) and that next time, I should take responsibility for canceling my booking when booking through a third party (???). This, after telling them SEVERAL TIMES that I had canceled my booking through the third party!

I've made and canceled bookings through third parties before. Never have I ever run into this amount of stress and miscommunication when booking a hotel room. Nothing seriously awful happened, but all the small issues piled and piled up and made us stressed out at a time when we absolutely did not need any more stress. If you're sure you want to stay here, and you really do just want a cheap, absolutely-no-frills room near the Sarasota Airport, I guess you can go ahead and book here. However, if I were you, I would most certainly look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't book the regular king rooms. Don't expect the free wifi to work
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple