The outward appearance of this hotel looks good. The front lobby is beautiful. The people at the front desk were very nice. The pool area looks good, but don't go out early in the morning or you will enjoy trash cans overflowing with towels and trash laying around. Our room look good over all, until I woke up in the morning with my little flashlight, careful not to disturb my two sisters sleeping, and to my surprise as I went to make coffee, the flashlight revealed a whole lot of nasty. The coffee pot, around the coffee pot, on the refrigerator where the other cups and things were sitting was terribly filthy.It looked like it had not been washed in quite some time. Went to take a shower and ended up standing in 4 inches of water. Yuck, it made me feel sick. I went to the front desk to tell them about our experience . They were very nice and quick to give us a little money off of our bill, and three meal tickets for breakfast. They also said they would send someone up to our room to do deep cleaning and fix the tub clogg! We came back to our room later that afternoon, the tub was fixed, the beds were made in the floor vacuumed, but the coffee pot, or around the coffee pot on the table or the refrigerator have not been touched. Minimal cleaning was done. The keys in the doors constantly did not work, and the back door that went out to the beach was rusted so bad we wrestled with it the whole time we were there. The bathroom was dirty, and the window were really filthy , As we had to open it because of no ventilation in the bathroom at all. The only good part of our stay, was that the beach was right out of our back door on the bottom floor, but you will pay the price for a bottom floor room, as it sounded like a herd of cattle was above us the whole time we stayed. Lots and lots of children. The amount of money we paid for a supposedly great hotel, we will never stay there again. If you read the reviews on the hotel website or other reviews, they sounded great ! That's how we were tricked into believing it was a good place to stay. And one more thing, when you go into the breakfast dining room, be sure not to touch the chairs, on the back or the arms, or you will get pretty sticky, though the waitresses and helpers were very sweet , helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota