Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
HotelIndigo.com
US$ 247
US$ 213
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota - I75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 150
Homewood
US$ 140
US$ 133
Hyatt.com
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 104
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 94
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

US$ 118
US$ 98
US$ 469
US$ 436
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,532 results
All reviewslido beachpool bargulf view roomarmand's circlepools were nicebeach frontbeach staffping ponggreat beachfree shuttlean older hotelbit datedgulf of mexicoper daychairs and umbrellaspool sidewhite sand
Reviewed 13 October 2015

A Lovely spot for a getaway. Beautifully maintained grounds, fantastic food, pleasant folks, unparalleled views from our room [directly on the Gulf Coast] with an unpretentious - air, I/we so desperately needed.

I took my lil sister for a 3-day birthday celebration and she loved it.

All I'd asked of our Travel Agent: On the beach, small private establishment with a pool [Sandcastle has 2] & where I wouldn't need to pack more than: shorts, T-shirts and flip flops.

So enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Request Gulf Coast Rooms. these are situated on the beach where the veranda offers SPECTACULAR views
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Crusher526:

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us here at the Sandcastle Resort. I will pass along to the Chef and the associates regarding the food and pleasant staff. We do have a great group of people who work here at the Sandcastle.

We do hope you do return again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Pictures of some areas are better than in person. Past its heyday, but trying to keep pace with other hotels. Location on beach is best part! Large-ish pool. Food decent. Ask for room facing water; we were given one by parking lot :-( Tiki hut bar is small, but okay. Unimpressive rooms. Wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking beach
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BinkyC

BrinkyC:

Thank you for visiting us at the Sandcastle Resort. I am sorry to read that you were unimpressed with the facilities. We do try to maintain the resort in good condition and appearance and are in the process of installing new carpet and mattresses in the guest rooms, as well as redoing landscaping throughout the property.

If you change your mind and would like to visit us again, please contact me at the resort.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We recently spent a week at this resort. Let me say at the beginning that this is an older resort. I believe 40 or 50 years old. So , keep that in mind. There may be some not perfect things you can find .
I will say this , the beach is next to the beach used by the ritz Carlton condos next door. The beach is beautiful. The resort fee includes beach umbrella and comfortable lounges . The two pools are large and well maintained. The staff is friendly .
Armand circle which is very close has enough restaurant choices for a week or two .
If having a perfect room is important to you ,don't stay here. If you are going to Florida for a beautiful beach and to lay by the pool , I think you would be very happy staying here.

Room Tip: Choose beachfront
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bigukfan500

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Sandcastle Resort. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the guest rooms, I did want to let you know we are installing new carpets and mattresses.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

This hotel is very out of date and dirty. It felt uncomfortable staying here. However it is close to some nice restaurants and the beach was lovely. Just didn't look forward to going back to our room at nice. The hotel was located around the car park and could be very noisy at times when people come back late at night.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Andrewlawrence78:

It is disappointing to read you found the resort dirty during your stay. Our Housekeeping staff, many who have been here for years, often receive positive comments for their work in the rooms.

I do apologize for us not meeting your expectations. Please contact me at the resort if you would like to return, and give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

We were a bit disappointed when we arrived. In our opinion, paying close to $300 for a room/hotel that resembles a "motel" is unheard of. Parking garage is small the spaces are very confined, front desk staff was very nice and accommodating, Gulf View room was very basic, kind of like a motel feel. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate for some fun in a the sun, so we went over to St Armand's in which that didn't disappoint.
Overall, don't think this hotel was worth paying close to $300 for, when the Ritz Carlton down the street was just a few dollars more. Do your research!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

MissVictoria81:

I apologize for your disappointment in the Sandcastle; that is not what we want to read regarding a guest's stay. We are working to improve the property; we are currently installing new carpeting and new mattresses in our guest rooms.

Thank you for the thoughtful comments regarding our staff; the yare a great group of people.

Again, I do apologize, and hope you give us another chance.