“This place is paradise”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Lido Beach Resort, and let me tell you, it was amazing! I was nervous about some of the previous reviews I had read about staying in the main building(which is where we stayed) as opposed to the towers, but there was nothing wrong with it from what I could see! The room was great! We were on the second floor and even had a side view of the ocean. Every day our sheets were changed, dishes cleaned, and towels stocked. We spent a lot of time at the pool area and down at the beach, which was amazing! There were more than enough beach chairs at both the pools and the beach, along with tables and regular chairs. When we wanted to eat, we went right up to the tiki bar and had a great quick lunch before returning to our spot by the pool or ocean. The staff was friendly and accommodating for little things we needed here and there. We went to St. Armand's circle often because the area was great for having dinner and shopping. When we took the shuttle bus down one night, we thought we would have to go wait to take it but when we asked the front desk, the driver was eager to take us as soon as we were ready. I was very sad to leave and upon returning home, I wanted to start planning my next vacation to Lido Beach Resort!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin L
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort! I am glad you agree this is paradise for sure! We look forward to your return again, hopefully, very soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Lido Beach Resort

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for my April school vacation. The room had a great view of the beach and pools, as well as a beautiful sunset every night from our balcony. The Lido Beach Resort is within walking distance to St. Armand's Circle, where we walked to the Blue Dolphin for breakfast, shopping, and at least 2 trips to Kilwin's, where they make the best ice cream and fudge! The Lido Beach Resort is also short drive to great places to eat on Longboat Key, such as The Dry Dock, The Chart House, and The Salty Dog, as well as Whitley Beach, which I think is the most beautiful beach in the area. It's also a great place for shell collectors. I found so many pretty shells for my students and they ware thrilled. Anna Maria Key is also a beautiful place and only a short drive away. All in all the Sarasota area is an great place to visit.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Gulf...you get to see a beautiful sunset every night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynn11561

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort and surrounding areas. I am please you enjoyed your stay and hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Lido Resort and let me share my feelings. To start I made these reservations over 7 months ago to time it right after the peak season and before it gets too hot. I have to admit in reading some reviews over the last months I started to have some comcerns. We travel to the gulf coast every April and have stayed at the Sandpearl in Clearwater and Marco Resort the last 2 years so we have some experience with gulf coast resorts. Here is my breakdown on Lido.

Staff...Exceptional in every way. It started with Lauren who handled our reservations and helped us fine tune things and with reccomendations on where to eat and visit. She also went above and beyond in recognizing the fact that it was our 38th anniversary. Thank you again Lauren!! Everyone we passed had a smile on their faces and would always say hello and greet you.

Resort..the only thing missing from the typical resort is the glitz.,glitter and the fancy lobby area. When you walk in you will not be overly impressed it is a very small and basic lobby area.No doorman ...minimal bellhop assistance...no valet.....that is all replaced with a very relaxed feel at home atmosphere .

Pool area. Was well maintained and clean. There are 2 pools one for adults only which is very nice. 2 hot tubs and a whirlpool .

Beach area...Short walk to the beach as this is ocean front property. I have to say the beach was a bit disappointing not due to the resort in any way. Sand was not the soft white that you see at Clearwater Beach or Siesta but more a gray with significant areas of crushed shells. If you are a shell collector get up early and comb the beach you will find lots to choose from. Beach chairs are free and set up all the time and you can rent a cabana or an umbrella for $15 per day and they are set up quickly. Towels, all you want you get from the desk at the pool.

Rooms....loved the rooms. Kitchen area has everything you need from electric stove..micro..toaster..dishwasher..coffee maker...fridge..all utensils cups and bowls. Our range wasnt working and we told the front desk so that by the time we went up the elevator to our room someone was there waiting to fix it. Nice eat in area.....comfortable beds and nice living room area leading out to a great balcony with beautiful view. ( We were on the 11th floor oceanfront Jr Suite). The only downside is the bathroom they are functional but worn and tired looking dont fit with the rest of the suite which was newly painted and renovated. They need to be gutted and remodeled

Housekeeping...excellent job rooms were kept immaculate and cleaned everyday before noon. Plenty of towels supplied and every day they gave you 2 bottles of water...popcorn..coffee. Since floors are tile they wash down the floors daily

Dining. We didnt eat at restaurant on 8th floor but had breakfast and luch a couple of days at Tiki and small restaurant off the lobby. Food was very good

Business room. They have 3 computers for your use with printers

I would absolutely reccomend this resort and we plan on making a return visit. Get the South Tower and a room as high up as you can even though from just the 3rdcfloor you can see the beach. Higher rooms give a more panoramic view.

Room Tip: South tower and higher floors for the view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ED L
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your very thorough review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your week and Lauren was able to make things extra special on your anniversary. We look forward to your return in the future. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We just returned from a weeks stay at Lido Beach Resort and have to say it was a wonderful place to vacation. Everything was just so easy going - from the great location near St. Armands Circle and superb beach to the wonderful staff, great pool area, nice rooms, and easy access to our car in their parking garage. I am won over by this area and the gorgeous beaches off Sarasota. We drove to Anna Maria Island one day and had a great time and also drove down to Venice to check out this town. We went to Siesta Key multiple times and had amazing dinners around Sarasota and Lido and Longboat key. We went to the Publix very close by in Sarasota to stock our refrigerator for breakfast and lunch items and found it so convenient. As mentioned, the tenth floor unit we had was perfectly nice. However, if you are super picky, there might be a few maintenance details that could stand some attention by staff. For example, we had a burnt out lightbulb, crooked chandelier, some cracked tiles, no can opener or extra blankets for the pullout bed. The missing items were taken care of with a quick phone call. The view and the sunsets and the great vibe at the pool area and the beach made up for these minor little things...but for what they charge, I can see how some people could be dismayed. Overall, it was wonderful and I hope to return someday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lauraein

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay but want to apologize everything was not perfect as it should be. I will use your comments to continue to improve our service and facility. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights the week after Easter. We were on the 'motel' side, with a king bed room. The room was nice, with a kitchenette. At almost 1/2 the price of the 'tower' rooms, it was about the same price as the Holiday Inn down the street (which is not ‘on’ the beach, but across the street). The finish carpentry and tile work in the bathroom were poor, but this is our only complaint with the room.
This is not really a 'resort', more of a hotel with a good tiki bar and provided beach chairs. We had lunch at the tiki bar, and Laura was our server. The food was very good, and Laura really helped make it an enjoyable experience (we remembered her from a previous visit).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mc2hill

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you chose to return and make mention of Laura at the Tiki Bar. I will be sure to let her know you recognized her in your review! Thank you again for your comments!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
0.7 km away
7.6 km away
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK