“Columbia Restaurant Consistently Good”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for over 113 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors on our patio, or inside our Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I have been coming to this restaurant for years for lunch and dinner. My last 2 visits were not disappointing. Located in the beautiful Saint Armand Circle in Sarasota, FL, Columbia Restaurant is beautiful and accommodating with great food. My friend and I stopped by for lunch with no reservation on a very busy day. I was amazed that they sat us literally immediately and at a great outdoor table. Food, service, prices are always great. We returned 2 days later with a large group for dinner. Another great experience. Highly recommend this restaurant.

#TravelDivaDayna
Dayna Pappalardo

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This place is always busy which reflects a good place to stop in while in St. Armand’s Circle! We stopped in the afternoon and was lucky to get a seat outside by the railing, great people watching. Food, service and prices were excellent.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had been told by friends that this is an excellent restaurant but, was skeptical based on the size. Service was prompt and helpful. Everyone was very pleased with their food and drinks. We will return.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Food as good as expected
Takes booking still a wait
Nice service
Expensive but good choices foods
Salad and deserts

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We'd been thinking about visiting Columbia for dinner for a few weeks ...well that ship has sailed....I think our expectations were overinflated on this occassion, because we left somewhat unimpressed. To give the restaurant its due, if you are a real Cuban Food foodie, I bet you would love it. We just like a little more flavor in our meals. I had the Pollo Salteado. There was plentyof well prepared chicken, peppers and onions, but the rice and the sauce were just too bland for my tastes. My husband had the 1905 Salad with turkey, and was a little suprised that there was very little meat in it. It also tasted too salty for him. The bread was fresh and tasty. Our waiter was quite knowledgeable about the menu, giving us explanations of entrees, and attending to our needs. All in all I wouldn't want to give the impression that it was bad food, just not what we were looking for...