“Eh.”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Washington Dr.
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The food tasted good going down but made me a bit sick afterwards. Heavy food, crowded atmosphere. Rushed, stressed servers. We recruited a different server than the one assigned to us because when we asked her a question she actually seemed to care. Our first waiter seemed overwhelmed and put off by the fact that we were there and that he had to work. I've been to this Tommy Bahama's before and it was not so bad but nothing special. I don't think I would go back. If you're going to go to one of the typical tourist restaurants in St. Armand's Circle, Columbia would be my pick of this.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Excellent food and but expensive - so we don't go often.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Tommy Bahama's is such a treat. The tropical theme in the decor and the food is like nothing I can experience in my everyday life. When in Sarasota I usually fit in 2 dinners at TB because there are so many delicious items on the menu. Their chicken tortilla soup is the best! They also have fantastic coconut shrimp, crab cakes and plantain chips that are super special. Yum!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Food was cold and very expensive.Only thing warm on my plate was the sauce for the steak, not even the two tiny potatoes were done. I have had much better steak for a third the price. Will not be back

1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 26 February 2012

While this is also a great restaurant, the daily Happy Hour (4-6pm)here is outstanding, especially upstairs on the 'porch'. Sit and watch the St Armand's 'people parade' while sipping your $7 martini and noshing on a great appetizer. We're amazed that more people haven't discovered this gem.