All reviews old florida lido key full kitchen armand's circle lido beach dressing area nice kitchen lounge chairs beachfront hotel private beach we loved our stay room was large pool area bit dated white sand gulf of mexico great pool
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The beach was beautiful, hotel was descent. Checked in for a two night stay. Night one was good. day two was followed up with a knock at the door. Plumbing was out and they are not sure when it was going to be repaired. My family and I are on the second floor, 2 beds. They move us across the lot to another second story room (no elevator). We had to relocate a fully stocked fridge and luggage of 4 members with no assistance, or apology. The second room was a king and a sofa. I wasn’t going to let that experience ruin my vacation, but needless to say we will not be staying at Coquina again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Corrie V
CoquinaGM, General Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

On behalf of the entire staff here at Coquina on the Beach, we’d like to thank you for your stay with us this past spring.

First, I would like to extend our apologies for the inconvenience of the unexpected plumbing difficulty that arose during your stay. Unfortunately, while rare, an unforeseen plumbing predicament will arise from time to time at any property. In order to eliminate as much of its impact on a guest’s stay as possible, it is a best practice to move a guest to alternate accommodations that are unaffected by the plumbing problem.

In reference to your particular experience, our hope was that the upgraded pool and beach-view Suite accommodations from your non-view Patio Bldg, Studio might offset the inconvenience of plumbing issue at hand and the subsequent room move. However, it is also our practice to offer to assist in any way that helps make the move as smooth and convenient as possible. Again, I’d like to apologize if your experience did not reflect every effort of that practice.

We are disappointed to hear that you have no future plans to stay with us again. I hope that you'll reconsider and that we will see you back another time soon for a stress-free stay!

Regards, -Tom, GM.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My review will have two parts, the good and the no so good.

The good:

(1) Wonderful location, we could walk across the hotel parking lot and be on the beach in a couple minutes. (The beach is very nice too!)

(2) The pool was heated. So in Winter (which is when we went) you could still get in and not freeze to death.

(3) Within walking distance to St Armand's circle and the wonderful albeit expensive downtown. Very trendy shops and very nice to hang out in during the evenings.

(4) For the price ($139), you can't get than anywhere at this time in that beautiful area and believe me we looked and looked. For the first two nights we stayed near the airport, at a different hotel, for $174.

(5) Lots of space in the room.

(6) The toilet flush, although noisy, was really powerful, so there was no need to worry that stuff would not go down.

(7) I like the glass wall, I could open up the blinds and have light all over the room.

(8) There was a kitchenette, which I am always grateful for. You can save so much money if you do breakfast and lunch for yourself.

The not so good:

(1) The furniture was stained and very dirty looking (the chairs were made out of material and there were lots of stains). I had to put towels on them and would not rest my skin on the chairs. Thank god for Clorax wipes. I wiped down everything. I always walk with wipes regardless of whatever hotel I go to. All in all, most of the furniture looks a tad bit old.

(2) The kitchnette cupboards were old and peeling, but we did not mind this. I always walk with dishwashing liquid and a sponge and I always wash the dishes we use, before and after we use them. So this really is not a knock on them at all. It was very convenient to have a kitchinette.

(3) The aircondition/fan was a bit noisy.

(4) Towels were thin and did not have a nice smell.

(5) There is no free WiFi. I don't consider WiFi in the lobby (only) as a hotel with WiFi.

All in all, for the price, it was okay. I could not believe that in Feb, the prices for hotels in Sarasota/Bradenton/St Pete Beach/Treasure Island, would be so expensive. So we did do okay. I will stay at Coquina again if we come to Lido Beach again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so make sure you can walk up stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Afar31
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We were looking for a pet friendly rental when we were lucky enough to stumble upon this location. The front desk clerk, Shannon went above and beyond expectations. When I needed a hair dryer, she offerred to bring it down to my room. The other staff were just as accommodating. We got an excellent suggestion for a restaurant that would deliver. Our room had just been painted and we had new mattresses on our beds. The hotel is definitely an older property and is not new and glitzy, but the location is great, the price is right and our room was very clean. We enjoyed chatting with the other guests and found everyone to be very friendly. Pretty much an older crowd and a few young families.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 99Happy
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Simple yet FABULOUS. You can't beat the location on the beach, away from the crowds. It's "old Florida" style, not shabby! If you're looking for luxury, go pay double the price elsewhere. For our family, this place is perfect! Going back soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AngelMommy2
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Coquina on the beach is a beautiful gem in Sarasota! My parents and husband and I ended up staying a few days longer than what we anticipated because it was such a relaxing place! We ended up staying a total of 10 days and each had our own rooms (2) which each had a kitchenette! I loved how the beach was just footsteps from the room!! Every morning we would go out and have a beautiful relaxing walk on the beach and picked up nice beautiful shells! The rooms are very beautiful and cozy and have a home feel to them. They are very clean! The staff was awesome and extremely friendly!!! I also enjoyed the heated pool!!! I would recommend this lovely place to anyone who likes to be close by the ocean but also enjoy to be so close to the action! It wasnt far to get to nearby attractions. It was one of those places that has something for everyone! I would defenetly recommend this place for anyone who wants to stay at a nice place with an affortable rate!!! I give it a 5 out of 5! :) Thank you for making our stay here so nice! I will defenetly be back in the near future!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family