“Excellent stand out place in the area”

Tropical Thai Restaurant
Ranked #320 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As Brits travelling, we get a bit weary of Italian American or US versions of Greek or French etc., so nice to find a genuine Thai restaurant, owned by first generation Thais, serving actual Thai food. Delicious food, owner very friendly, reasonable priced and as spicey as you want.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

At first glance you might miss this jewel of Sarasota. Its unassuming sign and street presence does not do it justice. Upon entry this atmosphere is clean, nice and inviting. Wifi and the menu choices are amazing. Our experience at this little jewel of a restaurant was extra special because we met the owner Ms. Pona. She is so special and open. Ms. Pona is sincere and kind and a breath of fresh air in this crazy fast paced world. I am touched by her sincere effort to be so kind and personal with is. This kind woman is such a great person all you good people must come and say hello. Ms Pona has been here 23 yrs and works 6-7 days a week. Always with a smile. She embodies the American dream. She loves her family and all her kids. She inspires me not to complain, and to appreciate all i have. God Bless You Ms Pona.

I dont review often but i make it a special quest to reward exemplary service. Thank you so much for the experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I went for lunch, I had the Chicken Pad Thai spicy, VERY good!! You get a good portion of food for the money. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Arrived shortly before noon, good we did for in the next 20 minutes every table was filled. Ordered two lunch specials that were amazing. Each was flavorful and provided sufficient quantity for a lunch meal. Lunches comes with an entree, soup of the day, jasmine rice, and an egg role. The one waitress handled the 14 tables with ease with assistance of one other staff who delivered the meals. Great value as we left with under $20 for the two of us for lunch. A definite visit for lunch if you are in Sarasota main street area.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Been coming since early 2009. Prices have stayed unbelievably reasonable. Food is great. The customer service has been and continues to be stellar. The people get to know you and though I haven't been here in nearly a year. They remembered me and my order!!
Yellow chicken curry is so delish!!