“Great for traveling with a wheelchair”

Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great for traveling with a wheelchair”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I came for a conference, was joined by my 89 year old dad and sister, and found the hotel everything I could have asked for, including ground floor accessible room. There was a good enough restaurant to have room service when we were exhausted, a nice breakfast restaurant with choices of hot or cold food, helpful desk staff, guest laundry, shuttle to here and there, and friendly smiles.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family. We'll be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping and restaurant staff. We hope to see you again soon, or if you're attending the next biennial conference.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Wailea, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Overall, a very good hotel. The location was great, very convenient to the airport and easy parking. The clerk at check in was pleasant and my room key and room info was already prepared and I was through the check in process (including getting my complimentary waters) in about 90 seconds, which I appreciated. While the room is starting to show some wear especially with the carpet, I found the room perfectly clean, the sheets and towels white and soft, and the scent fresh. I don't like it when the fan on the air conditioner cycles on and off all night...the constant fan setting was not available, which made sleep more difficult, though the hotel was quiet, otherwise. Breakfast was adequate, again, typical of what one would expect at HGI. I'd not hesitate to return if I needed a convenient airport hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Popovova,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to hear that you won't hesitate to return the next time you're in the area.

In the meantime, I'd like to address the issue about the fan. All rooms should allow you the option of keeping the fan on, rather than having the air cycle on and off. If you could give me a call and help me identify your particular room, I'd greatly appreciate. … Thanks again.
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent service! Bartender is very friendly and efficient!!! Minutes from 75 and blocks from the airport. Centrally located and a great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Born2travelll
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thanks for your feedback, and recognizing one of our bartenders! I look forward to sharing your comments with our Food & Beverage Director.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I'm a Silver HH member. I briefly visited Sarasota overnight for a wedding. I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the wedding site. The whole place needs to shut down for a week and undergo a spring cleaning; high guest turn-over is obvious in the general dirtiness. The staff was generally amicable but lacked the overt/above-and-beyond hospitality I've grown appreciative of at Hilton; they neglected to hand out any of the bridal party arrival packages, and when I showed up at 9:58am and attempted to grab a banana from the breakfast lobby the staffer scolded me saying I owed her $2.13 since breakfast was over at 10:00...FOR A BANANA!? There are no quality dining establishments beaches within walking distance and the hotel shuttle has only a 5 mi radius. What you save on your hotel you'll quickly pay for transit service to Sarasota's top attractions: Siesta Key, Longboat Key, St. Aramand's Circle, downtown etc. Next time I visit Sarasota, I'll choose the pricer Hilton near these places...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Unfortunately, while downtown, the Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, etc. are within our shuttle range, our hotel, along with all our Hilton properties in the area, does not have shuttle transportation to Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and St. Aramand’s Circle. Our area actually has somewhat of a shortage of major braded hotels on the water. Siesta Key in particular does not have any branded hotels on the island.

Your comments about the upkeep of the lobby this past weekend are duly noted. With so many daily departures, arrivals, guests tracking in water after coming out of the poll, etc., keeping up with the lobby was a major challenge. We have since addressed this issue by scheduling more attendants to keep up the appearance of our public areas during peak season.

If you have any further feedback, or if I can assist you in planning your next trip to Sarasota, please give me a call directly any time.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Things started rough, service was lacking and not up top the standards I expect from Hilton. The front desk attendant was new and does not know "Hilton Service" yet, and the housecleaning staff came into my room without knocking. David the manager was great and did everything right to make up for the rough start. Mistakes were made and David made it right. If you come to this property and feel that you deserve better service, ask for the manager, he will do everything he can to make the trip work. I am looking forward to my next time at the property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple