“I've stayed at better Hiltons” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I've stayed at better Hiltons”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I'm a Silver HH member. I briefly visited Sarasota overnight for a wedding. I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the wedding site. The whole place needs to shut down for a week and undergo a spring cleaning; high guest turn-over is obvious in the general dirtiness. The staff was generally amicable but lacked the overt/above-and-beyond hospitality I've grown appreciative of at Hilton; they neglected to hand out any of the bridal party arrival packages, and when I showed up at 9:58am and attempted to grab a banana from the breakfast lobby the staffer scolded me saying I owed her $2.13 since breakfast was over at 10:00...FOR A BANANA!? There are no quality dining establishments beaches within walking distance and the hotel shuttle has only a 5 mi radius. What you save on your hotel you'll quickly pay for transit service to Sarasota's top attractions: Siesta Key, Longboat Key, St. Aramand's Circle, downtown etc. Next time I visit Sarasota, I'll choose the pricer Hilton near these places...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Unfortunately, while downtown, the Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, etc. are within our shuttle range, our hotel, along with all our Hilton properties in the area, does not have shuttle transportation to Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and St. Aramand’s Circle. Our area actually has somewhat of a shortage of major braded hotels on the water. Siesta Key in particular does not have any branded hotels on the island.

Your comments about the upkeep of the lobby this past weekend are duly noted. With so many daily departures, arrivals, guests tracking in water after coming out of the poll, etc., keeping up with the lobby was a major challenge. We have since addressed this issue by scheduling more attendants to keep up the appearance of our public areas during peak season.

If you have any further feedback, or if I can assist you in planning your next trip to Sarasota, please give me a call directly any time.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Things started rough, service was lacking and not up top the standards I expect from Hilton. The front desk attendant was new and does not know "Hilton Service" yet, and the housecleaning staff came into my room without knocking. David the manager was great and did everything right to make up for the rough start. Mistakes were made and David made it right. If you come to this property and feel that you deserve better service, ask for the manager, he will do everything he can to make the trip work. I am looking forward to my next time at the property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I traveled to the Hilton Garden Inn for one night in February for business purposes. It was a very nice property the two women working the front desk in the morning were lovely and very friendly. I love Hilton Garden Inns and love the Hilton family of hotels in geneal, but there was one thing that bothered me about this hotel. I don't know if it was the same housekeeper of two different housekeepers but this person tried to get into my room at 8:30 am without knocking or saying "housekeeping", and then did the same thing at 9:30 am. Appearently, the housekeeping key can unlock the deadbolt but I also had the latched locked up as well so she just went on to the next room. I am a young woman traveling alone and have no problem with housekeeping asking to come into the room, but I was shocked they tried to enter without knocking or saying anything two times. What if I didn't have the latch locked up?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennylynn24
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

We appreciate your kind words about our morning front desk staff, and will share your comments with their manager.

I'm surprised to read your comments about the entry into your room, and highly apologize. All staff and managers are required to knock and announce before entering rooms with absolutely no exception, even when we expect the room to be vacant. This should be common sense; but we'll use this opportunity to remind all staff about the importance of knocking and announcing to make sure this does not happen again.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

5 minutes from the airport and in a nice location. 10 minutes from shopping and dining on the water. The hotel hallways, rooms and entrance area need to be updated. The staff is average. Room cleanliness was average although there was hair in the sink and on the bathroom floor. When asking the front desk clerk how long it took to get to a place we wanted to eat he said we could Google it in the business center. I probably would not stay here again and would look for another Hilton property in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience, as we pride ourselves as typically exceeding normal Hilton standards.

When guests ask staff for information about our local area, the response ‘Google it in the business center’ is not acceptable and not the norm; and we will be taking action. Our hotel takes pride in our destination, being members of both county chambers and visitor bureaus, and trains our staff to be as knowledgeable about the area as possible.

Should you decide to return, and we hope you do, we are confident that your next experience will be better. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.
Nelson BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I found this hotel to be a nice, quiet, very clean place to stay. Service was excellent, the room was like new, the building, pool, public spaces were all clean and in excellent repair.
I only used the food services for breakfast, that was very good.
The hotel is far enough off the main road to be very quiet
Lots of parking
I would reccomend this place to family and friends.

Room Tip: My room was excellent, all of them should be similar.