“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Love to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful city of Sarasota. Breakfast is a little different - the toast comes in three halves and unbuttered. The coffee is always good and the omelettes and fritatas are very, very good!

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We went for breakfast the other day and it was excellent. This place reminded us of an Amsterdam cafe. The young lady who waited on us had a great personality, very pleasant. Then there was the food. It was so fresh. I love a place that when the first taste is of real whipping cream in my coffee and real butter used on the potatoes. I am sure the lunch and dinner would be just as good. Great location to start the day.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I went with important prospective clients. They were impressed with the food and service. They thought That I was an important person. Good for business. The food was excellent. Simple and tasty. Ingredients were all fresh. The service so attentive. My wife and I love the atmosphere for a nice romantic dinner. A must for all reasons.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

An Italian restaurant that brings the authenticity of Sardinia, quality and taste of food and service, to Sarasota. I have eaten in a lot of "Italian" restaurants. None have been able to capture the flavors and style with such pride and authenticity as Cafe Americano. It is now on my list of places to eat every week. Thank you Carlo and Dino.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Very accommodating in every way, from that handsome and cordual owner, the servers & right down to their bus boys and kitchen staff, these people always make you feel at home. They are consistent with their very authentic Italian entree's. My favorite is the grilled Veal Chop, as I would never eat veal until I tried thiers one evening and was blown away! Excellent!!

Favorite time to eat there is the Sunday mornings for breakfast, as they make the BEST FRENCH TOAST in TOWN and it's fun sitting outside watching all the diners with doggies of all shapes, sizes and breeds. Your servers always make certain your pup has fresh water etc...

The only downside is for a server to not write down your order only to keep coming back to your table because he forgot half the items you ordered, now that's annoying.....And the breakfast cook doesn't know how to properly plate a pancake as their always upside down! But they sure do taste good!! My husband and I LOVE this place!

1  Thank Tradertobi