The Knights Inn is located at the north end of a strip of generally budget-priced motels along Tamiami Trail (US 41), just south of the Sarasota Airport and University Parkway. It's an older motel but the rooms have been tastefully upgraded - surprisingly so, for a motel in this price range - and are very clean. The managers are very pleasant and helpful. My single-bedded room was furnished with an oversized double bed, sofa, coffee table, bureau with TV, small work table. Bathroom was spotless. The climate control unit worked fine, and the bed was very comforable - and with 4 pillows of varying softness. Overall, the room packs a LOT of value for a very reasonable price.
There are a few very minor things to be aware of - none of which should deter anyone from choosing this property:
- Traffic along US41 can be very heavy, and the noise does carry into the room.
- On first floor room, when people upstairs are walking around, the thumping can be heard noiceably downstairs. Not uncommon in older hotels, but for people who are noise sensitive, this may matter.
- There is a free continental breakfast, but it is spartan, and there is no eating area in the lobby where breakfast is served. You can take your selections back to your room. The coffee was freshly brewed and quite good.
It's worth noting that the neighborhood further south of the motel does have its share of very cheap, older, somewhat seedy motels that may tend to attract .. well ... business by the hour. This hotel, being at the north end of the strip, is sufficiently removed from that so that this does not to appear at all to be a problem in this particular area. (And I doubt the managers would stand for that anyway, as it is clear that they wish to run a very respectable establishment - which they do.) I've stayed here multiple times and never experienced or sensed a problem, but those who are visiting the area for the first time and who approach from the south driving north on US 41 may have concerns about the area, and my comment here is to help allay those concerns.
The Sarasota airport is less than 5 minutes away, and there are plenty of restaurant choices east along University Parkway, and a few along Tamiami Trail, including Barnacle Bill's (next door - seafood), and El Pescador (further south - Italian) which are quite good.
When booking, check out the rates on the brand website. AAA, senior, and AARP discounts are available which make a good deal even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the most of your trip to the Sunshine State at Knights Inn Sarasota hotel. Conveniently located on Route 41 the Tamiami Trail, our hotel near Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport offers easy access to downtown and beachfront living on Siesta Key. Each morning, get going with free continental breakfast in our lobby, then plan your day from the comfort of your hotel room, complete with free high-speed Internet access, a microwave and refrigerator. Keurig in room coffee machine and in room safe available. Catch some rays in your spare time with a swim in our outdoor pool. Non-smoking accommodations are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our hotel in Sarasota, Florida. Tour the campuses at New College of Florida and University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, just one mile from our Sarasota hotel. Explore the collections at The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, take a walk through the exhibits at the Circus Museum or see the display of antique autos at the Sarasota Classic Car Museum, less than five minutes away. Head out on the town and watch a performance at Asolo Repertory Theatre, less than five minutes from our door. If golf is your game, play 18 holes in the Florida sunshine on the tree-lined course at Rolling Green Golf Club, less than 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Knights Inn Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarasota Knights Inn