All reviews basketball court hotel is beautiful utc mall walking distance to shopping small pool area great location one bedroom suite ceiling fan soccer tournament complimentary breakfast business trip guest rooms beautiful pool would definitely stay here again full kitchen fresh fruit excellent stay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel is beautiful and sparkling inside and out. The rooms are attractive. Our one-bedroom suite was perfect for me, my wife, and our son, with a door separating our spacious bedroom from his sleeping area. It was a plus that there was a television in our room and his. With no door between the bedroom and the bathroom, it is difficult for one person not to be disturbed when another gets up. DeeDee, who checked us in was exemplary. The staff is excellent in general. She made us feel welcome and appreciated and ensured our satisfaction with the room. We booked the "shopping package", for which we were to receive a coupon book for University Center Mall. Not until I asked for the coupon book the following day was the matter addressed. I was told that no books were available, that I could receive one at the mall. Instead, I was provided with an unhelpful local area coupon book most of which were expired. Could someone from the hotel not have gone to the mall to secure the coupon books it needed to honor its promotion? Our room had one washcloth in it upon arrival and one day, we were provided no toiletries. Other than that, housekeeping was flawless. Our room was on the fifth floor, but directly above the basketball court. Play went on one night until 11:00 p. m. unfair to the other guests. The most important item to me at the breakfast buffet is a fresh fruit medley, which was generally disappointing: mostly melon and grapes, no strawberries, a few blueberries and pineapple chunks a couple of the five days we were there. There were times that no bananas were available. The waffles were excellent and enjoyed greatly by our son. The area where the hotel is located is beautiful and upscale. Every store and restaurant one could desire is within close proximity and it is across form the lovely University Center Mall, an easy walk. We were taken aback to find that although guests are told that beverages and food are not permitted on the pool deck, smoking is okay. Inconsiderate smokers annoyed us on two occasions at the pool. The minority who smoke are able to inflict their addiction on others, including families with children. I would not have expected this at a hotel of this stature and it would impact my decision as to whether to stay here in the future. Guests are permitted to walk through the hotel barefoot and in pajama bottoms, including in the dining area. A hot tub is conspicuously absent. As soon as I booked this reservation, I realized that I had inadvertently selected a room that included snacks and beverages that I did not need or want, to the tune of an additional $15 per night. I called the hotel to revert to a non-premium room and was told that only Hilton reservations could make the change. Hilton reservations declined to intervene and referred me back to the hotel. I contacted the General Manager by e-mail and was ignored: I wasted $75 plus tax, leaving a bitter taste. I was not thanked by the lady who checked me out.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
jstanek, Area General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear ospiegler

I just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to the Homewood Suites Sarasota – Lakewood Ranch. Your opinion is very important to us and I'm sure all the travelers appreciate it as well. We are constantly striving to make the best guest experiences and such comments are very helpful for us to identify areas of improvement.

If there is anything else that you did not mention in the survey that you feel would create an even greater guest experience, please let us know. I have not received your e-mail as stated above however, I can be reached at the hotel number: 941-309-3904 or via e-mail: jan.stanek@hilton.com if you wish to discuss your stay further.

Jan Stanek

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week whilst visiting Sarasota and the surrounding area during a family holiday to Florida. The location is perfect and close to beaches and shopping malls, cinema and restaurants etc. The accommodation itself was perfect. The rooms are clean and spacious. The bed is huge and the pillows very comfortable. The breakfast in the mornings was really nice. Lots of choice. From Monday to Thursday 5-7 “social evenings” take place where beer and wine and food/snacks are provided. Really nice place to stay and I would definitely book again if we are ever in the area. Pool area was nice too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
jstanek, Area GM at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Nelli8,

Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very thankful for your comments and delighted to hear you had a perfect stay.
Thank you very much and hopefuly you will get to come again!
JS

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I am extremely picky when it comes to the cleanliness of hotels and am a total germaphobe when traveling. This hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed in and our suite was perfectly clean! I could not find a fault! I also loved the layout of the suites and the amenities of the hotel! The pool and outdoor seating area was dreamy and resort-like!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear thenguyenfamily3,

We are thrilled to hear you loved your stay and found our hotel to be perfectly clean. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and we are happy to see your comments. It really made our day!
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
JS

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Stayed one night for 1/2 marathon. Room was very nice, clean and large. bed comfortable. close to the mall. Free breakfast, nice pool. hotel is brand new. Restaurants near by, friendly staff and service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
jstanek, Area General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear ltornes,

I just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for your recent visit to the Homewood Suites Sarasota – Lakewood Ranch. Your opinion is very important to us and we are happy you had enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to having another opportunity to be your home away from home in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We were in town for a week for a regional soccer showcase. My wife and I decided to make a couples trip out of it. Overall the stay was great, room was nice, roomy and clean. We flew from the West Coast so you know that it was a late check in. I didn't get her name but the young lady with the NE accent who checked us in was amazing and really set the expectations for what the upcoming week would be like. We did have a small issue, we were on the 5th floor and the next morning there was some drilling of concrete (of all things) happening on the roof. Very loud, very annoying as a customer that is already dealing with 3 hr jet lag. We took advantage of the breakfast, it was okay. I have come to expect better from Homewood. With soccer teams staying the breakfast was pretty wiped out each morning. But at least put better fruit out so I can grab a banana or an apple on my way out. This location is walking distance to many many restaurants by the mall. As well as some gems like Newt's which is a short drive away.

Room Tip: There are different room types, make sure you know what you are needing
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Aleyda H, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear JG_EDH,
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to leave us this review. our company values put satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. its guest like you that make our job wonderful, thank you once again for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again!