“Interesting”
Review of The Ringling

The Ringling
Ranked #1 of 141 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ringling is located in Sarasota, Florida and preserves the legacy of John and Mable Ringling. It is home to a Museum of Art, the historic Ca' d'Zan Mansion, Bayfront Gardens, an Art Library, the Circus Museums and the Historic Asolo Theater.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Huntington Woods, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very interesting tours and the lunch we had at the main entry point was outstanding

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hungarian first
Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Pleasant, Productive, Rainy Day Outing”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We travel to Siesta Key every year. We love the beach and white powdery sand. We even bought a place there recently.
Whenever we go we always plan to enjoy the ocean but if there is a day that it rains this is our go to stop.
The museum is one of the finest private collections you will find without going to Europe or Japan. We have raised our kids on Museums and they have grown to appreciate art from visiting places like this. Don't miss the lovely grounds, the adjacent Circus Museum (fun and interesting), and of course the Ringling Mansion Ca d'zan. Lovely - especially since it was restored.

Visited December 2011
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Visually beautiful”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Very interesting for $5.00 extra you can view the second floor of the mansion first floor is included in admission but to see the third and fourth floor is twenty five more. We paid the five extra it was worth it but we did not pay the twenty five more what we paid was worth it but thought twenty five for the upper floors put it in the to pricey range.

Sarasota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a treasure!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

You must visit this place and enjoy the art, the Ringling house and the circus museum.

Indianapolis, Indiana
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service, Amazing Museum”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was surprised at the total lack of service, especially at front desk. We were very nicely greeted at the front gates, the gentleman told us what desk to go to. There were no lines, so I walked to the front of the queue and then to the desk. The girl just looked at me, I finally said "one please" and she still said nothing. I then asked how much it was so I could give her the right amount of money. Still nothing verbal from her, other than "$25". She rang me up and pushed my receipt toward me on the desk. I then said that I would take a map, sitting right there in front of me and asked her where we were on the map.
My friend who had another woman had a similar experience. I am amazed that in today's highly competitive economy that the Museum does not recognize that customer service might be the only point of difference. So many things to do and see, and not even a hello, thank you, or welcome came out of either woman's mouth. Shame on the Museum for not properly training their staff.
We had a similar customer service debacle at the house inside the grounds. I will just say, again, the training must be lacking for customer service all around the grounds. There were individual docents that were helpful and tried their best to make our visit a bit better, expecially in the house.
That said, what a beautiful place, wonderful grounds and marvelous art, and the house, you must see. I kept thinking to myself this is a shame that it is not more user friendly though. It is pretty dry and old-fashioned exhibits. Signage isn't consistent, but the art is beautiful.
I wouldn't think kids would be too excited to go, there isn't really anything for them to "do" other than look and read. Must be hard to keep kids interested.
I would recommend with a bit of reservation. Such potential being wasted.

2 Thank KShad