“Great food and perfect for kids!”

Gecko's Grill & Pub Clark Road
Ranked #150 of 1,191 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether out on your own, with your family or joining a group of friends, Gecko's Grill & Pub is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the camaraderie of a favorite neighborhood grill and sports bar. Serving lunch, dinner and a complete late night menu, Gecko's features seasonal, locally sourced produce from our sustainable farm partner, gourmet pub food, nightly chef's specials and a full bar featuring Happy Days Happy Hours All Day, Every Day. Locally owned and operated since 1992, Gecko's truly is Sarasota and Bradenton's very own Cheers. A favorite of Local's and Visitors alike, Gecko's is a perennial "Best Of" choice in multiple categories and was awarded the 2017 Restaurant Neighbor award by the National Restaurant Association for the entire United States.
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We loved it at Geckos, the kids really had fun and the service and food were very good quality, and also quite reasonable. We will be back soon!

Date of visit: March 2018
GHospitality, Manager at Gecko's Grill & Pub Clark Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you, Wilma! We just learned we were again voted Best Restaurant for Kids by two of our local publications, so we are honored you chose to bring your family to visit us. See you again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We have eaten there with a large group and as just the two of us. It's a hustling bustling place and very loud, inside and out. We chose to eat inside on all 3 occassions, as it is roomy clean and away from the street traffic. Omg! The blue cheese chips are to die for! Service is excellent, even with the crowds. We were given free beers because they apologized for the "wait"...which really wasn't a wait at all! Their Moday special is a $5.00 hamburger, which is cooked just the way you like it and delicious. Hubs and I split it and the order of chips. More than enough! Next time I'll try the potato salad!

Date of visit: February 2018

Thanks so much for enjoying our habit-forming Bleu Cheese Chips and our award-winning Burger with us!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I am not a fan of chains whether they be local or national. I know people love chains & they love Gecko's. I always feel my meal is mediocre bar food. So, I was waffling between a burger for lunch, the Gyro, or the Buffalo Chicken Wrap. The waitress recommended the wrap. It was good. Would I order again maybe or maybe try something else. The waitress was great & attentive. The reason I took the time to write the review is the potato salad was AMAZING. It was a special side that day. It was great! I brought the rest home & my husband said it was the best he had ever eaten that was not homemade. If they can make it that good every time it should always be on the menu! My husband said he would purchase a VAT!

Date of visit: March 2018

So glad you enjoyed our delish potato salad, Jennifer, thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Gecko’s is a great choice for casual dining. My husband and I were very pleased with the quality of food and the overall experience. It’s a sports bar, but they do not have the TVs blasting so you can converse with your friends and family or watch the game (whichever you prefer). The food is very tasty and the prices are very reasonable. I had the cheese quesadillas and my husband had the Cajun pasta with grilled chicken. The Cajun pasta is a little spicy, but not too overwhelming. The servers were friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for being our guests and for your kind words, Royalstreet. You made our day!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I was among a large group from a local assisted living facility. I was impress that an older man opened the front door and greeted us. I am so use lately to having some giggling 19 yr old girl as the hostess. This gentlemen was spot on with his greeting. I had never been to a Gecko's before. I ordered the blackened chicken sandwich and I told the other diners that it might have been the best one I ever had. Service was good, prices fair, really cold draught beer and large portions made for a great lunch.

Date of visit: January 2018

So happy we could also make you happy! Thanks for coming in and we will look forward to seeing y'all again for another great lunch!