We stayed at the Tropical Winds for 3 nights last week while visiting family that live in the area. While the amenities met expectations, the beautiful scenery and access to the beach very much exceeded them. We travelled with our toddler son, and 2 small dogs (that require a special diet) so the cottage/efficiency unit was essential in providing them with their needs. The kitchen had pretty much everything that we needed, and the sleeping accomodations were very good. The screened in porch did a good job of sheltering us from the bugs at night. Could it use some updating? Probably. But if you are going to pick away at the little things and critique it against 5 star resorts, this place is not for you. Bottom line: it was clean and comfortable. In terms of easy access to the beach and use of beach necessities...it doesn't get better. In terms of the friendliness and receptiveness of the staff...wonderful. Accomodating to pets...fantastic. And the solitude away from the hustle and bustle of the area....2nd to none. We look forward to coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel