Sanibel Island Beach Resort(Sanibel Island)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 249
US$ 221
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 269
US$ 246
Seaside Inn
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 359
US$ 257
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 208
US$ 199
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
US$ 209
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$ 332
US$ 322
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 233
Parrot Nest(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 121
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 284
US$ 269
Priceline
All reviewssanibel rivertropical plantsno daily maid servicecentral locationbike racksfellow guestslarge poola great place to stayfridge and microwavebeach towelstwo queen bedsroom was spotlessextra towelspool deckcleaning stationliving roomrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 10 January 2013

A nice pool and a nice garden combined with clean and charming rooms and a wonderful management made us choose Kona Kai motel. We looked at several places before we chose Kona Kai and after three nights at the motel it definetely feels like the right decision.

Jon with family

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank JonSwed
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Kona Kai is a fun, quiet, small and unique motel. We were in Sanibel for 3 nights and were looking for clean, quiet comfortable place to rest after playing on the island from 7am-dark! We found it and more at the Kona Kai! The grounds are a wonderful surprise of HI in FL...you can tell that they are cont. working to improve and update the place/grounds to make it even better! It is not on the beach but within biking distance and is centerally located to shopping and restaurants and all the island has to offer. There is even a 7/11 next store for ice, etc..anything you need to grab quickly! Then in the back of the property there is a lush greenery and river..such a surprise. We spent one late night grilling in the community grills by the pool under the twinkle lights..so relaxing! The best thing about the Kona Kai is Brenda and Lenny...they are WONDERFUL and so helpful....if you need anything ask! they will provide is possible and even more! You can tell they are devoted to making your stay wonderful and love what they do! We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in back are more in the lush greens and rooms up front more by the pool....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MNgirlflipflops
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and i were looking for a nice quiet place for our anniversary and we found it at the Kona Kai.Beautiful setting,clean rooms,great pool,so much to see and do nearby.You will not find a friendlier and more helpful staff.Would recommend to anyone looking for quiet friendly place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew h
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Right on main street very noisy with road traffic poorly kept an old air conditioner was dumped next to the pool. My opinion is that this place is an overplaced tourist trap. Not a relaxing place on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank John W
Brenda C, Manager at Kona Kai Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Aloha from Sanibel,
I am so sorry that you seem not to have had the wonderful experience we wish for all our guests. Through the lack of pronuciation and jejune adjective in your title I waded, looking for the explanation of why you never contacted management about any of your concerns.
With all the beauty that the Kona Kai has to offer in meditation gardens, pond, gazebo lit with fairy lights, sparkling pool and majestic Sanibel River it's such a shame that the only photo you posted was of the garbage pile behind the pool waiting for next morning pick up.
The Kona Kai is located in the heart of the island, close to all the shops and restaurants and less than a mile to the beach. No where do we advertise that we are beachfront. I am praying you find exactly what you are looking for directly on the beach for the $100.00 a night you paid here.
Thank you for expressing your opinion as we always like to hear from guests. Mahalo

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I discovered the Kona Kai through the Ding Darling national Wildlife Refuge website, as I was coming to spend a few days there. I wanted a nice, quiet place, not a big modern resort, and I found a gem! Brenda and Lenny are fabulous, and did everything they could to make my stay wonderful. They actually went out of their way- I had arrived in St. Petersburg on Thurs. night, with plans to stay there Thurs, and drive down Friday- check in time 2 PM. Had a miserable arrival in St. Pete- stood in line for an hour and a half waiting for the rental car (at midnight)- the airport hotel messed up my reservations, and put me in a room full of mold, so couldn't sleep, and decided to drive to Sanibel at about 5 AM, arriving at 9 AM. I stopped by the motel to see if I could just drop my stuff off, and go out to the refuge or something until check-in, but they went ahead and got me checked in early, in a lovely little room by the pool. (great, relaxing pool!) the grounds are great- they are redesigning everything, and it is in the style of tropical gardens. there is even a short walk back to the end of the property on the Sanibel river, with chairs for hanging out,where I got some great Osprey photos. The rooms and suites are arranged around wooden walkways and tropical gardens, with porches, covered seating, a central grill for guest use, etc. It is definitely an old-style "housekeeping" motel- this is not the Hilton (thank heavens!) Just a nice, comfortable old-style family vacation spot. If you are looking for a nice,quiet, "Old Florida style" friendly spot, close to everything on Sanibel, with both privacy and friendly help, this is the place! I hope to visit here again on my next trip the gulf side of Florida!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo