“Ideal for a quiet, relaxing retreat”
other traveller has booked this property
White Caps complex
White Caps entrance sign
A guest's loot---found over 3 days
Entrance from the Beach to WC's
White Caps #3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
b4sooth
Englewood, Colorado
“Ideal for a quiet, relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 24 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

Twenty-five years ago after a day trip to Sanibel Island, I promised myself that someday I would go back and rent a cottage on the beach. When I decided that it was time to make that dream come true, I spent a great deal of time researching online for places to stay. While I found and inquired about several suitable options, it was the owner's excellent email communications, which were timely, friendly and responsive, that caused me to stay at White Caps #3.

It was perfect. I spent the week alone in the cottage to unwind, read and write. The beach was so close that I went several times a day and did not feel like I had to "make a day of it". The cottage was lovely and incredibly clean. It was blissfully quiet both inside and outside on the porch, from which you can watch the colors of the gulf shift throughout the day. It was stocked with everything I could imagine would be needed - including a Foreman Grill and blender . The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

The beach in front of the cottage has wonderful bird-watching: osprey, heron, ibis, egrets and the gulf clowns, the pelicans. I also saw a manatee just off shore. The White Caps property itself has a resident wild rabbit and an armadillo.

I did not have a car during my stay but was dropped off by friends who took me shopping upon arrival. I found only one restaurant that delivers, so I was glad I stocked up on groceries. The nearest grocery store is about 1.5 miles away with a paved bike path all the way. Upon check-in at Royal Shell you can pick up various dining guides and maps that make it easy to find whatever you might need.

White Caps #3 felt like home - not like a rental. It is not often that a dream nurtured for twenty-five years can be surpassed by reality but it happened here. Thanks, Richard, for your attention to detail in this darling cottage and for making me feel welcome.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists

Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing