“Sanibel In Jan. 2012”
Review of Seaside Inn

Seaside Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at the Seaside Inn for a few days right after the new year and found it to be one of the nicest stays on the Gulf coast. The Inn was cleaned and well staffed. The food basket was ample enough for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The beach was delightful in a natural way and we came home with seashells that we really don't need! The staff reccommended a sunset and dolphin cruise that was spectacular. I only hope that we will be able to enjoy it all again. Biking on Sanibel was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bahummel77

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed at Seaside Inn on Sanibel. The island is beautiful and this is a smaller, quiet place. The pool is clean, the landscaping is meticulous, the staff is friendly and quick to respond. The location right on the beach is ideal and it is a great value for all of the above. It has the benefits of a resort, with the lounge chairs and umbrellas out by the ocean for you, with the feel of a small charming hotel. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: This trip I had a room, poolside on the second floor, which gave us views of the ocean, which was a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were freaking out after reading all the negative comments about the Seaside Inn. We arrived last Saturday prepared for the worst and were surprised with the best!! Our adorable cottage was nestled just steps from the beach and the heated pool. The resort was extremely quiet and peaceful, especially considering it was sold out for the week. Our room was straight out of Pottery Barn and was extremely clean, cool and comfy. Our children had an amazing time with all the amenities! We all rested well and are dreading going home tomorrow. The staff was very helpful and accommodating with room cleaning time since we have little ones who nap, took special care of us with extra breakfast basket treats for our kiddos and we had everything we needed. We could not have been happier with our stay. I can guarantee we will be back! If you are looking for Island Charm, it's here!

Tips: Rooms are cleaned every other day but the staff is happy to supply more towels, sheets or whatever. This is not a big deal, most Sanibel locations do not clean daily!

Breakfast basket was more than enough for a family of 4. We took the extras with us for kid snacks during the day.

The kitchen is large enough for breakfast and lunch prep and to stock up on drinks, snacks, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage....especially right on the beach!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I just read the reviews and was shocked at the negative responses! This is the fourth time I have been there, and granted, the hotel is older. But I am very picky, and I found the place to be exceptionally clean and charming. There always seems to be one or two units being re-carpeted or re-modeled...isn't that a good thing? The washer and dryer work well, and the outdoor grills are handy. The pool is spotless. And free bikes...I just don't know how much more they could offer! The staff is more than pleasant and always ready to assist in any way. Guess I was a bit offended at the negative comments...but on second thought, some people are never satisfied. All I know is that my room is booked for next Feb, and I just can't wait!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach are fantastic...but there really isn't a bad location at the Inn.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy S
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I didn't have any advance knowledge of where to stay in Sanibel, but had many recommendations over time about what a beautiful place it is. Well the island didn't disappoint and either did my internet find, The Sanibel Inn. I found this hotel to be the perfect place to ground my beach getaway - a huge departure from the chain hotels and conference centers I often stay at for business travel. The Sanibel Inn was immaculate, the staff was friendly and he beach was really only footsteps away. The pool was a lovely respite on the one day the wind was a bit too brisk for seaside lounging - others seemed to enjoy it more often, but it never felt crowded or noisy. I borrowed a bike one afternoon and took a twirl around the east side of the island... This was one of those unexpected perks that really adds value... The spur of the moment ride around the block was just what I needed and their were plenty of bikes to choose from. All around a great stay! I will definitely return to Sanibel and The Seaside Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012