“Hot Sunday- Beer day”

Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Herzlich Willkommen! Christina, Linda and I are delighted to welcome you to Hollerbach's - the place where Gemütlichkeit happens in the Historic District of downtown Sanford, Florida. Linda and I first started thinking of opening our own restaurant in 1981 while we were working together at a German restaurant in Orlando; after two decades of hard work and planning, the Willow Tree dream became reality on August 1, 2001 with just seven employees. Since then, we’ve continually expanded the restaurant, added two new businesses, and grown our staff to over 90 employees. It’s hard to believe we've been here over 16 years! Our top priority has always been and will remain to provide our guests with an authentic, high-quality, memorable experience at our Willow Tree Café German restaurant, Magnolia Square Market true German deli, and Outfitters costume and jewelry shop. We encourage you to enjoy our hospitality, and we welcome you into our family. - Theo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

They have a good variety of German Beer. Enjoy, the Gigantic Bavarian pretzel is really good, Aufschnitt Teller Chef's selection, Zigeuner Shirmp and Red Baron Triple Decker Sandwich exquisite. If you like German Food and Beers this is the place.
Service outstanding, prices medium.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I love coming here. My favorite restaurant in downtown Sanford. The beer is great. Love the potato pancakes and the schnitzel.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The food here is amazing! Large portions and always fresh!
The staff is knowledgeable about the food and beer offered.
The live entertainment is like none other. The Alpine horn will take your breath away. These two guys are true entertainers! And the desserts, oh my! The desserts are to die for! They get an amazing eggnog cheesecake in the winter straight from Germany! Theo has a great thing going here in Sanford!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We have lots of friends who rave about the Willowtree so we decided we had to try it. They don't take reservations for less than 6 on nights when there's music (Th-S) but they have lots of unreserved seating space too. We sat outside, very shaded and pleasant. The service was great, food was awesome. Overall a really nice dinner out on a Friday night. You should try it! And don't forget the strudel or Black Forest cake!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to Hollerbach's many times over the past years both for lunch and dinner. I have never had a bad experience. Some nights they have German cultural live music. I have never been to Germany, but going to Hollerbach's makes me feel that I have truly gotten a taste. The proprietor is extremely personable ad works to ensure that you are having a good experience. Their deserts are large and there is a great choice of authentic beers. I would highly recommend Hollerbach's when you visit Central Florida, Seminole County and especially Sanford, FL. It is a must see.

Side note: I once took a national news reporter by there while he was covering a different issue in the area. The guy had spend time in Germany. He and the proprietor hit it off immediately. Great experience.