“Hidden Gem”

Maru Sushi & Grill
Ranked #24 of 244 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

With a new sushi place open in the mall itself, I do not go into malls. This place is close to work and easy to get to.

I needed something different and did a quick search for restaurants near me and this came up. I'm glad I went.

It is tucked in next to Honey Baked Ham near BooksAMillion and the rest of the strip is vacant.

However, it is well worth a visit. Lunch specials are moderately priced. I ordered a Daytona Roll Lunch. It comes with a bowl of onion or miso soup and a salad. I was afraid of just one roll, afraid there wouldn't be enough to eat. There were a dozen pieces nicely arranged on the plate. I left sated.

Old Japanese man making the sushi at the bar, greeted all who entered.

The food was tasty and nicely prepared. I will visit again and bring others.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is our place for Sushi - and we plan our trips to Orlando so we can stop for either lunch or dinner. Never been disappointed! The Sashimi is fabulous, not thin little pieces that make you wonder if you have gotten your monies worth. The daily specials are always a treat. My oldest child loves their Chicken Katsu. We drive 1 1/2 hours to eat here. We tell everyone about it..

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Sushi was awesome. Perfectly prepared and the presentation was WOW! Service was very good and we were able to watch the sushi being prepared. Small restaurant in strip mall. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Had the chicken hibachi dinner with soup and salad, and dont forget the sush roll. Both were great!!! Service was great as well.

Famous questions: Would I dine here again? Yes

Would I tell a friend? Definitely

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We went here later in the evening on a weekend. They were not busy.

Service at first seemed okay but became scarce. Waiter took a very long time to clear first plates away. When it came time for the bill he was certainly not in a hurry to clean up second plates.

Sushi itself was alright but not overly tasty. Our first course was a triple tuna and spicy escolar rolls. Neither of us could taste or see three different tunas. And the spicy tuna was minced. (Why are sushi places doing this these days?)

Within leaving I was sick from meal within hour. My partner was sick within two hours. We will not be returning.