All reviews grand boulevard a pet friendly hotel basketball court full kitchen bedroom suite yogurt free breakfast publix grocery store within walking distance brie short drive pet fee home away from home movie theater state park destin area the entire staff
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel for our anniversary. Hotel is fairly new and decorated well. The room was cozy and clean. Hotel staff was very friendly. I would book this hotel again. My only complaint is that I wish they had a better fitness room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HowardHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Good Day,

Thank you very much for letting us be a part of this special occasion. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed the special day and that you were able to create meaningful journeys with your loved ones.

Please note you are more than welcome to use the fitness room of our sister company 100 yards away from us.

Again, thank you very much. We look forward to being a part of your future celebrations.

Interim General Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I’m a big review writer since I base my vacation choices heavily on other people’s reviews. We booked our once a year family vacation to Destin and knew nothing about it except people told us it was beautiful and the sand was white. We stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott Grand Boulevard in Sand Destine. This hotel was perfect for my family of 5, which included my husband, my daughter (age 11), two sons (ages 9 and 2) and myself. The hotel had pretty curb appeal, grounds were very clean, had character throughout, family friendly, pet friendly, parking was plentiful and complimentary. Front desk was super nice and so were the cleaning staff. There were places to sit outside both for breakfast and hanging out as well as a grill to use. The pool was clean, refreshing and my kids loved going in after coming back from the beach or before bed. People talked about how good the breakfast was in other reviews. The breakfast was outstanding. Literally there where 40 choices. There was a make your own waffles section, bagels, pastries, muffins, all kinds of cereal, scrambled egg, sausages, bacon, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, an assortment of fruit, yogurts, variety of cheeses like Brie and crackers, items to go in your yogurts like granola and in your oatmeal, multiple choices of coffee, tea and juices. There wasn’t anything they didn’t have and it was delicious. It was a huge savings for us to have breakfast included. I also want to mention that on Monday-Wed nights from 6-7:30pm they also feed you complimentary lite picky food in the lobby. Which I have never seen any hotel have complimentary food in the evening. Each night was different, offering two appetizers, fruit, water, sodas, beer and wine. Yes, I did say complimentary beer and wine. The room accommodations we had was a two bedroom suite which had two separate bedrooms with their own doors and full bathrooms. Each bedroom had a queen bed, its own dresser, closet and TV. Between the bedrooms was the main living area. It had a full kitchen which included a stove, full refrigerator, dish washer, microwave, toaster, dishes, bowls, glasses, pans, utensils, table and chairs to eat. The kitchen also included dish clothes, dish soap, dish washer detergent and paper towels. Within the same main common area was a living room with a pull out sofa which sleeps two, a chair, table and TV. The five of us were all spread out and very comfortable. The room was good size, clean, plenty of towels, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I’m a bad sleeper and I slept great here. There was a total of three TVs in our suite. Our two bed room suite would sleep 6 comfortably. The hotel itself was centrally located to shopping, restaurants, state parks and local beaches. The hotel is connected to the Grand Boulevard which is very walkable and has between 10-15 restaurants and 30 plus shopping stores which were nice high end stores and Publix at the very end. Other reviews mentioned construction across the street from the hotel. There is a Hilton hotel being built across the street. We saw them working but never had any problems with noise. We left the hotel everyday and went to explore different areas of what is called the Emerald coast scenic route 30A. The front desk gave us a handout that outlined all the beaches and state parks in the area. The state parks and public beaches were well mapped out and easy to find as they were directly off of scenic route 30A. Parking at the public beaches was free and we had no problems getting a space arriving around 9-9:30. Parking looked like it could be more of a challenge if you tried to go in the middle of the day. State parks had plenty of parking spots. The state parks you paid by car which varied from free to $6. To mention a few amazing state park we went to - Henderson and Grayton Beach state parks were breathtaking with sugar white soft sand and emerald clear warm green water. Camp Helen State Park, Topsail Hill State park and Deer Lake State Park all looked beautiful as well but we ran out of time and didn’t make it there. As for public beaches and neighborhoods we did visit. Go straight to Seaside. It was amazing and colorful. We instantly wanted to move there. It is a very well laid out area that had a very cool beach vibe to it and had a lot of parking. Everyone was walking around in their bathing suits coming from or going to the beach. People traveled on bikes or golf carts everywhere, the beach was picture perfect, the architecture was modern, there were cool clothing stores, a row of airstream trailers with food and shaved ice, and many outdoor fun restaurants. People were clearly there is relax and enjoy themselves. Everyone was in vacation mode. Other beaches and place we visited, which were equally as beautiful but not as happening were Santa Rosa beach, Gulf place, Blue mountain beach, Seagrove, Seacrest, Alys Beach, Rosemary beach, Inlet beach, and Destine. Each public beach access has parking some more than others. But beach was picture perfect and relaxing. Every beach had plenty of bathroom, wash offs stations, trash and were breathtakingly beautiful. Most had beach chair and umbrella rentals. The water was crystal clear with different tones of greens and the sand is literally white which they call white sugar sand. The water was the perfect temperature being warm and refreshing but not hot like it is more south. Every beach had cool sand bars to swim or walk out to. One quick mention to those who want more entertainment other then the beaches. Destin has a cool boardwalk that was full of character with a twist of a carnival likE atmosphere. My daughter and I went zip lining from one end on the boardwalk to the other and back. There were all kinds of sunset cruises, fishing boats, shops and restaurants. On Thursday nights they have fireworks at 9pm. On the same road in Destin was a water park, miniature golf, dune buggy and race track cars, and other family attractions. Ok I hope that my review was helpful I had plenty of time sitting on the airplane coming home to write it. Enjoy this area and hotel we can’t wait to come back.

5  Thank Piper825
HowardHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Good Day Piper825,

WOW....Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel following your recent stay.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable visit and our products and services were able to exceed beyond your expectations. Our mission is to deliver a consistently high level of service and products to each and every guest. It is through valuable feedback such as yours, which enables us to constantly monitor and improve our operation.

We greatly value your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Interim General Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel was nice, breakfast included, and the best part they accept dogs. My two Yorkies had a good time there. But Destin beaches are not pet friendly so you need to drive around 45 min to Panama City beach in case you want to take your dogs with you.

1  Thank Z8586XTdanielar
HowardHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Hello Daniela R,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us together with your two cute Yorkie, we love dogs. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Jeff League / Interim General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This has been one of the most Accommodating hotels we've been to yet!. Very clean, comfortable , homey and the location was great. The rooms are spacious, bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed to prepare a meal. Breakfast was hot and tasty. Everything that you can think of to include in a breakfast they provided. Semone was amazing she communicated with me upon and through out my stay very professional and kind so were the breakfast ladies . Thanks Semone ! We will for sure be staying here again and recommend the stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carter7711
HowardHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Good Day Carter7711,

We are proudly to say that our hotel is located in the most accessible part in Destin.Our staff like Semone the pride of our hotel.
Your appreciation for our hotel and the service is very much noted and will give us the inspiration to extend our utmost effort to serve you better. Thank you so much and looking forward to your next visit.

Jeff League /General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Semone was great! We needed a late checkout because we couldn’t get into our rental house until 4. Semone was happy to give us a 1PM checkout. She was also very helpful with giving us lunch ideas.

Thanks Semone!

Trip type: Travelled with family
HowardHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear John B,

Our sincere thank you for choosing to stay at The Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin.
I will ensure Semone know your wonderful commendation for helping and taking good care of you and your family.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.