All reviews front desk the hot tub area tropicana field room was clean very comfortable stay juice and coffee no additional charge the st pete area the breakfast area air conditioner non smoking short drive early check would definitely stay here again home away from home baseball game gloria
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This place is awasome...i thought twice to stay their, but change my mind and gave them a chance.. I am glad I did. Gloria at the breakfast area does a great job. Tony the assistant manager is so kind and friendly. Roo.s were clean.. some of these reviews are not true. I talk to the the gm Mike and told that recent reviews from the bowling tournament that weekend was not true. I believe him.. We had a great time and will be back..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yonus W
Reviewed 20 November 2017

This past weekend, we had a group of around 22
Women traveling to the St Petersburg area for a
Bowling tournament. We all like to stay at the same hotel, so we are all together
And able to hang out and socialize even when not bowling!

We got in town early to be able to go to beach, shopping etc.
We arrived at 11:15, we were able to check in early, but rooms would not
Be available until after 1pm. Off we went to the beach and shopping.
Arrived back at Hotel after 5pm and was able to go straight to the room.
Here is the start of the real nightmare!
When walking in, the carpet looked as if they have not been vacuumed, and
The beds looked as if somebody had been rolling around on them.
The carpets were ripped, and smelled mildew.
The room had so much deodorizer sprayed to try
And mask the smell. We immediately went to lobby and complained and
Asked for another room. Housekeeping was gone for the day, but sent some lady
To check the room. I asked can we just change rooms, that is not going to change the
Carpet, smell, etc. The lady changed the bedding and did vacuum. Behind the
Nightstand and the edges of the bed, were just plain dirty. The lamp had dirt caked on it. As we went back to the lobby I just asked again , can we change rooms, nope, I just sold out,that person took the last room! [really? Knowing you already had a customer that was not happy!!!] The curtain was ripped, and looked as dingy as a dark green can look. TV remote would not work, went to desk, she gave me 5 [at individual times walking back to lobby] Finally I told her, just keep it, the TV must have a problem!
We called other hotels [many were booked, due to high school band competition]
We found an available room, went down to the lobby and asked if we could just get a refund and change hotels, this did not seem to be working out
For us in any way! Was told, No, we do not do refunds, plus you have been here for a long time. Explained, yes we have been. [not since 11 like she insisted, but since 5pm] But we have complained since we have been here as
Well. Still not up to our expectations [nothing fancy needed, just clean and safe] Explained to her again, I do not feel comfortable here, Things are bothering me. [as well as the other 22 people] Since we arrived, we have seen folks on balconies smoking weed, Prostitutes, Front desk clerk would Leave the front desk and disappear in to a hotel room she would be gone 30-40 minutes at a time. Our group [some in lobby playing cards] telling people, she is here, just wait, sometimes her line at
desk would get 4-5 people deep. Had my flip flop caught on the ripped carpet in our room many times. [almost falling]
Being totally disgusted, and exhausted from all of the issues, went to room to shower up for night. The “clean” bath towels had
Long black hairs all over them. Bath towels, wash clothes, and hand towels. GROSS!!!

Called reservation line, can we just be switched to another hotel, another QI? Finally had a lady that Tried to help us, she had to call front desk 3 times, before she got an answer. They finally agreed, that we would stay that night, but they would refund me
For the Sat night stay. [which we checked out early on Sat am] I was told there was no paper work to give me, But manager would make sure I had a refund within the hour. [I do not have yet, but I understand that did Happen on a weekend]
This was by far one of my worse experiences ever!
I hope you take the time to read this! Also, one of the rooms our group was in had tons of roaches, they killed some and took to front desk ….
All 22 people in are our group was unhappy with this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Hotel is old. All the rooms have issues. Hot tub not working when we arrived and was supposed to be fixed. Small breakfast area and not much of a selection. Curtains need replacing and windows need to be cleaned. Bathrooms could use upgrading. No handicap room available when we were told there was one when we booked. Will not stay there again. Desk clerk was gone a lot and the phone rang off the hook. Transients were around.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I booked my room through Priceline, 1st mistake. I booked a room and their hotel, Quality Inn at Tropicana, cancelled my reservation notifying me on arrival, stating my credit card was refused and that they tried to contact me at a 656 area code (Mexico) when I live in Florida (904). Priceline had collected my money from the card almost 30 days prior to my arrival. Not what you want to hear after traveling all day.

Room Tip: Book next door at the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Pleasant staff, ok breakfast. All rooms face the street and have huge windows so curtains need to be closed for any level of privacy. Large numbers of birds in trees around pool area woke us very early. Rooms could do with a little better sound proofing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family