The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I received a 2 night stay courtesy of a package I had bid on and won, and I added 2 additional nights, in order to take in some spring training games. (And thank you to Ms. Rivera for helping me to get my trip in order)! The hotel is elegant and charming rolled into one, and when given the choice, I decided that I wanted to stay in the older, original building. (I'm only sorry I didn't choose the "notorious 5th floor to experience some ghosts. I have a feeling they might be gone though after renovations were completed). From the minute we arrived, to our departure, the staff was friendly and helpful (except for the waitress at the pool). The room was quite interesting and comfortable, though I would have liked additional space to store our clothing. I'm usually adaptable, so I worked it out just fine. We had a couple of breakfasts in the lobby restaurant, and we found them to be reasonably priced for a hotel and delicious. We totally enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the marina, with a glass of wine. The area is lovely, and we had several dinners at nearby restaurants. We ate mostly outdoors which was great, considering we couldn't have done that up north yet! We walked to the fine arts museum and the pier. We did have lots of driving back and forth to the games though the hotel provides in and out privileges. We also drove to other areas of St. Pete to experience local dining. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for someone who just wants to relax and take in some walking and local sites. I believe that there is a golf course somewhere associated with the hotel, so a golfer would probably enjoy it immensely.

Room Tip: It's probably more convenient to stay in the original building, however the other building has b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherylpd1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

A surprise stay for my husband and me since our Clearwater hotel was a let-down. This hotel was recommended to us by the staff where we were suppose to stay. Fortunately, there were two nights available so we took them. The resort is absolutely beautiful, as well as the rooms. It is also within walking distance to all the nice restaurants and shops. Also within walking distance to the jogging/walking path lining the water's edge. You can choose to valet park for a charge, self-park in a parking garage for a lower charge, or self-park on the street for free. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Main building may have better views than the Tower Building. A longer walk to the Tower building.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a very nice resort with great amenities. The staff is extremely attentive and helpful. It is a bit pricey, but great for a getaway. Walking St. Petersburg is excellent and there are some nice restaurants on the waterfront.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor in the building that is detached from the main building. Great views of the mar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Nice hotel. Well located to visit the museums in the area. Restaurant in hotel was very good and Donald who waited on us was excellent. Local restaurants and shops were fun. The room was nice and well taken care of by staff. All the staff at the hotel were great. I personally did not like the makeover in the lobby.Front porch was a nice place to sit and watch the marina.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great ambience in public areas. Restaurants great, both food and service. All staff seemed happy, smiled, and very polite. Location can't be beat for the fun new St Petersburg restaurant - bar- gallery scene. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2012
Hollander Hotel
#2 of 43 in St. Petersburg
0.7 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown

Been to The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK