All reviews fridge and microwave change rooms room was clean and comfortable bath towels the ground floor beautiful pool robin kia pups pets st nites hurricane irma pete bugs downtown
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Older motel, but in decent shape. Stayed four nights. Clean and a very tropical feel with all the plants in the court yard and premises. Staff hard at work and were busy. Had our dog with us, no issues, walked him down the street in the adjacent neighborhood twice a day, dog poop bags provided. Good value.

Room Tip: In the future I would ask for a room away from the pool (loud kids)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
RedRoofinnManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

I want to Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to put a review up on Trip Advisor. Us All here @ The Red Roof Inn appreciate the Great compliment. We are doing our best to make sure everyone of our guest our happy with there stay each and everyday. I will share this review with my staff.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Loved this Hotel. Had excellent service the night we checked in, the lady (not sure what her name is) that night was very helpful and the same the next day as Dawn got us checked out. The room was clean, very comfortable and it had all that was needed for our stay, including enough plugins for all of our electronics. Dawn is an awesome lady, who made sure she also kept an eye on our 2 motorcycles all night. Can only recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: All I like to add is that they have King Size rooms, if needed.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us!!!! Im happy that you enjoyed your stay at the property, and that was Robin that checked you in. She is a great staff member and we are glad to have her. I hope to see you in the future

Thanks

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This hotel should be advertised as "Clifford the Red Roof". Never seen so much unruly and out of control dogs not even at a local pound. To be fair, there were some really well behaved dogs and surprisingly they were Pit Bulls and Dobermans. The dogs that were a problem were mostly the smaller dogs, they were out of control. My wife and our grandson were swimming at the pool and a small white dog charged at them, barking and snapping. The dog just ran around the pool area while the owner talked on the phone smoking her cigarettes. There were a group of women with over 20+ barking and unruly dogs at least 10 dogs in one room. The barking was unacceptable. Those dogs even tried to attack a man with his dog, who was just walking by.
When we walked around the property- there were drugs, not just weed but hard drugs. We found several needles, spoons, and lighters around the property. Beer cans and bottles near the hallways with cigarettes still burning, even when the sign says "NO SMOKING"! There were broken beer bottles in the parking lot with bras and panties in the bushes.
Some of the people staying at the hotel should be on COPS, Shady characters. I personally had a prostitute proposition me for service. I saw women going into cars and entering rooms, this went on until early morning. People were entering a certain room all through the night. They must be selling drugs. The cursing and loud music was annoying.  The fighting and arguing across the rooms was unacceptable.
I did complain but to no avail. I believe the women who work at the Red Roof are too afraid to confront the guests. I would suggest hiring an off-duty police officer to patrol the hotel. Maybe hire a ex-cop or military officer to work the front desk.
We will never stay at this hotel again. This is not a hotel for families, I recommend staying away. Not suitable for family.
P.S.
Be careful where you walk

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I do apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay at our property. We recently took over this property and we are working hard to improve our service and also we are doing some renovations to the hotel. I personally would invite you come back and give us the opportunity to show you our new product.
As i look at the pictures you posted them are old pictures because since I took the property over we have purchased new pool furniture and those pictures that you have attached are old pictures.
If you would please contact me personally I would like to speak to you and see when your stay was with us, because I do believe this is an old review.

Thanks,

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was properly greeted upon arrival by miss lisa and check in was smooth and easy in fact miss kia advised me that booking through trip advisor may lower my rate of pay so i did so and it took me all of 5 minutes. The room and facility was surprisingly clean,neat,and well operated.The pool onsite was clean and fenced in for higher security and the service was fast and personalized for your very own experience.. Hands down best hotel in pinellas literally

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
RedRoofinnManagement, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your Recent Stay at Red Roof inn St Petersburg, We Value the Positive feed back from our guest towards our hotel and the hotel staff. I'll let Lisa & Kia know you Gave them a Thumps Up on there Friendly Performance at Front Desk.

Thanks once again for choosing Red Roof inn St Petersburg Fl and hope to see you again in future travels to the area.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Our first night, toilet issues. We moved rooms. No problem. Second night, we got in late from a concert. We were soaked and tired, just to find out there was a leaky roof. Not wanting to change rooms at 1230 am, we decided to just go to bed. Dawn was amazing, the first night. When I told the front desk about the roof, all lisa said was, "you should have told us last night".... why? So we could move again? Anywho, nice place for the most part. Just make sure not to sleep in the far bed in 247.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie R

Have a Great day, Hope to see you soon.