“Keeps Me Coming Back For More”
Review of Chiefs Creole Cafe

Chiefs Creole Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chiefs Creole Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I love this place! The food is fantastic, authentic, New Orleans Creole cooking. The decor is elegant and welcoming and the only thing better than the food is the service. Betty was our server and she was so gracious and friendly. We keep coming back to Chief's because the food and service is consistently wonderful. I can't go home unless I bring my husband a piece of thier bread pudding. One of the owner's came to our table to welcome us and see if we needed anything, a very nice touch. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

My husband & I were celebrating our 39th anniversary on 8/11/18. I ordered the Jambalaya because I love spicy food. After reviewing some of the pictures online I see that my dish did not even look like the pictures depicted of my dish. There was very little rice, no chicken and the sausage was awful and the shrimp were super tiny. This dish was over the top spicy and it looked like somebody's leftovers. The corn muffins were bland. I didn't want to complain because I didn't want them to think we just wanted a free dish, but I had 3 people ask me about my meal (they noticed I was not eating it). In the end, one of the employees offered me pound cake to make up for the awful meal. Well guess what? It was inedible, as well. We tossed it in the trash. It tasted like someone had put "used" grease in the cake batter instead of butter.

The only reason I rated them with 2 stars was for the entertainment. I wouldn't come back to this place if Moses, himself told me to. No how, no way.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My husband had jambalaya. I had the andouille sausage gumbo. We both thought we died and went to heaven. The service was extremely welcoming and efficient. The ambience is hard to describe ... like being in the dining room of a hundred year old Louisiana plantation but more eclectic. The bill was ridiculously low. I wished we lived nearby so that I could eat my way through the entire menu ... it's that good.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Family owned casual dining. Owners and staff visited NOLA Restaurants to validate their family recipes and squire additional ones from gracious chefs. Interior architecture and decorations sing the blues and the outdoor patio landscaping and reclaimed wrought iron fence add to the ambiance. Lunch and dinner served daily.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I love this place! The ladies are so nice and want to ensure their customers are happy. Corn bread to die for. Very cute courtyard and the food is delicious! Sunday they offer soul food supper if you want something different from creole. Pet friendly out in the courtyard