“Best gumbo outside of New Orleans”
Review of Chiefs Creole Cafe

Chiefs Creole Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chiefs Creole Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,013 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My husband had jambalaya. I had the andouille sausage gumbo. We both thought we died and went to heaven. The service was extremely welcoming and efficient. The ambience is hard to describe ... like being in the dining room of a hundred year old Louisiana plantation but more eclectic. The bill was ridiculously low. I wished we lived nearby so that I could eat my way through the entire menu ... it's that good.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Family owned casual dining. Owners and staff visited NOLA Restaurants to validate their family recipes and squire additional ones from gracious chefs. Interior architecture and decorations sing the blues and the outdoor patio landscaping and reclaimed wrought iron fence add to the ambiance. Lunch and dinner served daily.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I love this place! The ladies are so nice and want to ensure their customers are happy. Corn bread to die for. Very cute courtyard and the food is delicious! Sunday they offer soul food supper if you want something different from creole. Pet friendly out in the courtyard

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have been to Chief's several times. The food is excellent!! From the chicken wings to the gumbo and shrimp and grits...SUPERB. I've also met the owner and he is kind and gracious. However, the service I have received has been inconsistent. It usually is slow and sometimes borders on rude. Service will keep me from soliciting a restaurant so I hope the owner works on this area.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This place is such a hidden gem in St. Pete! Stumbled on it after 2 years of living here and I am SO happy we did! We love creole food and everything we have tried at this place is amazing. Our favorite especially is the etouffee and the daily-made salad dressing! Also, their "dirty" beignets are drool-worthy. Great prices for food and love the granite tables and patio space. So pretty and such nice owners!