All reviews courtyard marriott indoor pool front desk free shuttle valet parking shuttle service updated rooms nice hotel tropicana field within a mile radius rays game corner room tampa bay rays dali museum st pete few blocks an older hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel with friendly front desk staff and a valet team that really hustles. I stay in Marriott branded hotels 75+ nights per year for work and I generally know what to expect. The reasons I didn't go with 5 stars are relatively minor. First, there was a big spider web on the inside of our window next to our bed. Where the slider went...your guess is as good as mine. I'm just thankful we didn't see the web till I opened the blinds for the morning sun to come in on checkout day.

Second, instead of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion....we got two shampoos. Not a biggie till your wife is looking for conditioner in the morning.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Marriott as your go to hotel when traveling on business and pleasure. I am pleased to hear that we were a good option for attending a Red Sox game.
I will certainly make sure we are providing the correct amenities in our rooms as we all understand the necessities should be close at hand. We will also make sure we check all of window tracks! Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I am here for a long term stay, 9 days. They gave me a micro and fridge. They have laundry so I am set. I am working at a local hospital and this was close.
Parking is 15 a day and so I decided to park out on the street. I'm in and out so the 2 hour thing didn't bother me. I can't say enough about the staff. They were great.

Now the other side. Nothing at this hotel is free. Nothing......except Coffee.
No complementary breakfast. I didn't mind, I ate my cereal in my room. They kept me supplied with coffee. This is they way Courtyards are. So nothing new.

I stayed here because it was close to where I am working. Company expense so I don't care. But, be prepared for the ouch.

IF you don't mind the price, great place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed by the main road, no problems
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our Courtyard in St Petersburg Downtown. I am very happy that you have found our staff to be a plus and in your words, Great! I realize there are some things that are an additional cost, and we do try to keep those to a minimum. We are happy that our Bistro can able to offer a reasonably priced hot breakfast should you choose!
Thanks for staying with Marriott.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Good location. Walking distance to very good dining, entertainment, shops.
Third visit here, and cleanliness of room, friendly customer service has been positively consistent. During this past visit, our room faced the pool but we didn't hear a thing.
Small refrig. came in handy. We were granted an upgraded room and a late check out.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg Downtown. We are fortunate to be located so close to all that St Pete has to offer. Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you come back soon and often!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I know it seems quaint to mention parking (valet) but it is crazy rates all over the city but this place was reasonable. Typical Courtyard amenities in a redone old Pennsylvania Hotel. They did a great job to keep the character of the original architecture.

A/C worked great which is also a must have here. Service for breakfast and housekeeping was great.

This may be something that only annoys me but, the curtains ... for those of us that enjoy on occasional later evening and would like to sleep in a bit in the AM, the curtains are important to allow it to stay on the darker side. Unfortunately, this hotels curtains are too small... so no sleep in!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing 4th street to get a good view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

I am pleased to know that you found our Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg Downtown to be a solid choice when visiting the area. We are fortunate to be located in s great area with so many interesting venues to visit. I hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you to our wonderful city!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel was very un organized beginning at check-in. Confirmed that my credit card authorization was received , however they could not find it when I went to check in. Had to provide a second copy. Bistro was not serving any food two nights in a row because the hotel was full?? As a former general manager for Marriott, I know that you don't discontinue a service when your hotel is sold out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

I am sorry that we had some mis-steps during your visit. We pride ourselves on being proactive and guest focused and I am sorry to hear that we fell short with your stay. My expectation is that all services are executed on a daily basis and I will be researching your comments with our staff to ensure that we are firing on all cylinders at all times. Please feel free to reach out to me at the property for any additional comments.