All reviews sister hotel next door art deco happy hour wine and cheese biscotti free shuttle offer wine shuttle service every afternoon sister property complimentary coffee quirky hotel front porch st pete full service bar infused water downtown st
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I took my wife here for a staycation for her birthday and we both loved it! Randy at the front desk Wished happy birthday and had some surprises waiting for us at the room. Very stylish modern trendy beautiful place. Great location with shuttle service. Friendly with free wine between 5 and 7 PM! We will be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure helping you and your wife celebrate her special birthday. I hope you return to The Avalon soon, and enjoy a peaceful, quiet stay. Downtown St Petersburg has so much to offer. Museums, Restaurants,Shopping, Galleries,Sporting Events, Concert venues, and we offer FREE shuttle service in the downtown area. This incredible city is fast becoming a DESTINATION for business and fun. I hope you come back to see us soon. Randy S.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

The Avalon was a great find for a weekend in downtown St. Pete. The hotel is really cute, and the complimentary coffee and wine is an excellent perk. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The sister hotel next door, The Hollander, has a great restaurant and bar with a pool accessible for use by Avalon guests. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Miranda, Thank you so very much for such an incredible review. We pride ourselves in offering TRUE SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. We love what we do, and are in the heart of an incredible city. So much to do right out our doorsteps. And our Sister Hotel, The Hollander offers additional incredible amenities that make the STAY an incredible value. I will pass your compliments onto my staff. Have a great Summer, and return to The Avalon soon. Thanks. Randy S

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Four of us gals from high school met for a 3 day mini-reunion and our 70th birthdays in May. Randy helped make our stay a really delightful one! The newly renovated boutique hotel is small and comfy and reasonably priced. The art decor style is wild, bright and fun! Our morning coffee on the large front porch was great, as was the complimentary Happy Hour every afternoon. It was great to have the larger, sister-hotel, The Hollander, available to use their free shuttle service and excellent restaurant, pool and bar. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful in both hotels! There is so much to do in St. Pete's and we will be back to the Avalon Hotel for more fun-in-the-sun!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are small - original hotel built in the 1930's. Very clean and nicely redecorated.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Bonnie, you and your high school friends had such a GREAT time at our HOTEL, your laughing and picture taking in our lobby was a hoot. You sure know how to enjoy a CITY. My staff still talks about the hair clips you all wore. I am so happy you enjoyed The Avalon. We truly strive to give our guests TRUE SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. You all need to come back soon, as we have 3 new MUSEUMS opening very soon. And lots more great dining options to TRY. Your group needs a WEEK Celebration at The Avalon. Until we all meet again, Have a safe Summer. Come to see us soon. Randy S.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I don't even know how to describe how wonderful this hotel was. I am never one to take time to write reviews either good or bad, but my experience was truly so wonderful I had to share it. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, fun, relaxing, AFFORDABLE, and so much more but the staff truly made it over the top. From the moment we checked in we were treated so wonderfully. Every small thing we asked they went above and beyond to provide. It was a holiday weekend and sold out, but no matter the volume of guests I felt like a VIP the whole time. We spend time after the amazing pool day (they have the coolest pool and pool bar with cabanas) on the adorable front porch enjoying the free evening wine and snacks provided. We enjoyed free coffee and snacks in the morning as well. I could go on forever, but do yourself a favor and book a getaway weekend at the Avalon and experience it yourself. You will love the hotel and its modern design structure, and you will be overly satisfied with their amazing staff, every single one of them! 1 more thing to note, i never thought i would get such a nice hotel experience at such a reasonable rate. I will be going back VERY soon.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

WOW..thank you for such a raving review. My staff and myself pride ourselves in offering genuine guest service. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive very hard to create a welcoming and fun hotel environment. I hope you got to experience what the Downtown St Petersburg area has to offer. So much to do and see. I hope you return to The Avalon and enjoy a longer stay. Bring your friends, they will LOVE The Avalon. Sincerely, Randy S.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Not sure how to even describe this jewel of a hotel! The decor is just amazing, the staff is fantastic, the hotel itself doesn't have a great lot of amenities but the sister hotel next door has plenty. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I can't stress enough how fantastic the staff at this location is. The free wine at 5 with a beautiful shaded porch to sit on is just a little slice of heaven. If you need a convenient to downtown place to stay and you enjoy an eclectic atmosphere this place is definitely worth checking out. Two thumbs way up!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dwightd1
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thank you for your incredible review on your stay with us at The Avalon. My staff and myself always strive for great genuine customer service, and I see we WON you over with it. We LOVE sharing our incredible city with our guests. I hope you return to stay at The Avalon, and enjoy all that downtown St Petersburg has to offer. Randy S