All reviewssister hotel next doorart decohappy hourwine and cheesebiscottifree shuttleoffer wineshuttle serviceevery afternoonsister propertycomplimentary coffeequirky hotelfront porchst petefull service barinfused waterdowntown st
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The Avalon's guest rooms are no frills (other than the artsy decorate lobby) but what it lacks in the "big hotel" category it MORE than makes up for with the homely/friendly appeal. My S.O. and I were there for a friend's St. Pete wedding. I considered staying in an AirB&B but decided to stay with the rest of the wedding guests at the Avalon. I'm glad I did! I didn't mind a non-fancy room since the price is great and we were mostly at the pool/beach/wedding activities anyway. Randy, the manager (owner?) of the hotel, greeted us with a warm welcome and other front desk personnel were very friendly throughout our stay. Our window A/C conked out two nights in a row. Turns out - this was a city electric problem and not a hotel/property issue. Randy apologized nonetheless, offered us free breakfast for our troubles and called me ASAP personally as soon as the issue was resolved/let us know our room would be cool when we got back. He dealt with the snafu beautifully and it meant a lot that he didn't just say "Sorry, but this is out of our hands." since it wasn't the hotel's fault.
I would absolutely return to the Avalon. Other pros: ceiling fans in rooms, use of the pool next door (steps away, great drinks/full menu @ pool bar), free shuttle. I was on the 2nd FL and didn't experience the noisy elevator that another post mentioned. Treasure Island beach is ~22 min away. Would recommend that too!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

WOW what an incredible review. Me and my entire staff wish to thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to show you our Southern Hospitality. Out Hotel is right in the middle of all the wonderful Museums, Restaurants,Art Galleries & Boutiques. This city is on the verge of becoming and incredible destination for visitors all around the world. We thank you for staying with us, and sharing your incredible experiences. We also hope you come back to see us. Until your next visit..................sincerely The Avalon Staff. Randy S Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We loved our time spent at the Avalon. It's a great funky hotel in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg. Great location, very close to the Central District. Beds are comfortable and rooms are funkily decorated.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Avalon. The Avalon and our Sister Hotel The Hollander.............. are right in the "HEART" of all the cool things to do in downtown St Petersburg. Our wine and snack happy hours in the evening make it a great way to find out all about the incredible things to do in downtown St Petersburg. We hope you return to St Petersburg & The Avalon in the near future. We so look forward to seeing you again. Randy S Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Walking up to the hotel, the building itself looks charming, the architecture a mix of deco and contemporary; similar to the interior of the building. The front desk manager was great. He explained where everything was and was very accommodating. I got the very first room on the first floor, which is about 30 feet from the front desk. The room was cute; a bit small for my taste but it was fine for just myself. The only issue I had was that, due to the extremely close proximity of my room to the lobby, I heard everyone walking out and chatting with front desk during breakfast, so I was not able to sleep very well. I could also hear the people above me walking around early in the am. So I would suggest not staying in room 102. Other than that, the hotel was charming. I would stay here again but would ask for the top floor.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Antomattei-Levy
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our staff strives to make each guests stay as incredible as possible. I hope you would choose The Avalon for your next visit. I will take your recommendations to our Engineering staff, and again thank you so much for your review.
Randy S Manager Guest Services

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Its an old building that has been revamped. The exterior and public areas are very modern but the true character of the place is revealed in the retained woodwork and staircase. Rooms were comfy and clean. Free morning coffee and free wine and nibbles in the late afternoon tempt you to stay around. Outside at the front is a terrace to relax upon. Free car parking nearby and very handy for the town centre or sea front. Friendly staff and the use of the adjacent hotels facilities and due to a problem with the lift at the Avalon we were given free breakfast in the adjacent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

What an incredible review. Thank you so much for the kind words about The Avalon. We love this Hotel & our Sister hotel the Hollander. We love to offer great hospitality, and it seems my staff has done an incredible job again. We are in the heart of this beautiful city, and between both hotels we offer such great amenities. We hope to see you again real soon. NOW you are part of our friends and family group. Randy Manager Guest Services.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Needing a creative "non-corporate" environment for a recent business trip, my Design team and I opted for the Avalon. I have to say it was the hi-light of our trip. The location is easy to get to and within walking distance to downtown shopping and restaurants, museums etc. The decor was fun and rooms are comfortable and clean. Bathrooms are small, but completely appropriate for a boutique hotel. In my opinion your room is where you sleep and the beauty of this hotel is the amazing social spaces- the lobby, the porches- where we easily connected with fun, interesting people and also could get our work done!

So, comfortable space, good location, great amenities shared with the Hollander (pool with cabanas and out door bar-nice!). But what sets this hotel apart is the hospitality of Mark, Emory and Nick. Their personalities permeate this place and it feels like a stay with old friends. Coffee chats in the morning usually resulted in barreling laughs and the welcome home after our day's work felt like a homecoming. In my many travels over the years, I have never felt so connected to a new place.

We are thinking of a personal trip back to St Pete's because of our experience at the Avalon. I highly recommend a stay here. Be sure to bring your curiosity and your sense of humor...and a VA ham is always appreciated :)

Thanks for a great week guys! Hope to see you for cocktails soon!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are thrilled you
enjoyed your visit with us and to Sunny St Pete. we hope to see you
back on your next visit.

sincerely, Nick H