“Food was terrific, service was interesting”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #71 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We were a party of four out for a nice classy meal. The restaurant is comfortable but the tables are too close together for my liking. We were chatting with our neighbours as they were so near to us.
Our server was new to the job as we observed when he opened our wine. One of the people in our party actually had to open it for him as he didn't know how to use the corkscrew. Then he didn't know that the wine should be tasted by the person who ordered it and instead he free poured it into everyone's glass, even though two of our guests were actually having cocktails. I realize that everyone has to learn somehow but think that higher end restaurants should have certain protocol when it comes to their staff, especially sommeliers or wine servers. I believe the poor guy was quite embarrassed but we tried to make light of it for him.
The food was all quite good. Crab crusted cod was cooked perfectly as were the accompanying veggies. The Pad Thai shrimp was spicy and plentiful. The complimentary buns were baked fresh and a nice addition to the table.
One of our group was celebrating a birthday and it was mentioned to the waiter. A coco lava cake was brought to the table. We all thought this was a lovely gesture and of course complimentary until it showed up on the bill for $8.50. We didn't dispute it and graciously paid rather than make a scene.
The menu had some nice entree selections which ranged from $15 to $45 and the abundant wine list had enough to satiate any connoisseur at any price range.
So my overall impression of the Bonefish Grill is that it needs some improvement in the quality of its staff and better communication with their patrons. Other than that, it was a lovely evening.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

On our recent visit, we were pleased to see the hostess desk had shrimp appetizers for those waiting to be seated. My dinner of grilled scallops and shrimp was excellent. My husband ordered two appetizers - fried calamari and fried shrimp. The calamari arrived burnt. The waiter returned it and apologized, then arrived with another dish of calamari, not burnt, but definitely overcooked.The manager then came to the table and said there had been a problem with the oil in the kitchen and apologized (but they still charged us for it!). Parking is not easy here. There is usually a wait line, even if you make reservations.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

You use to be able to rely on them for good food and service. Our recent visit didn't provide either. We requested a booth when we made our reservation. When the hostess wanted to seat us at a table and we reminded her that we had reserved a booth she was snotty. There were plenty of booths available. They forgot to bring one of our drinks for the first round. I ordered a second beer and they didn't bring it until we were finished eating. We heard people at two other nearby tables complain that they didn't get their drinks. Two of us ordered talapia and our waitress had to come back to inform us they were out. This was at 6:30. The bang bang shrimp and pork chops were good, the Lily's Chicken and haddock special were flavorless. Other years during spring break the bar and restaurant are packed but this night they were only moderately busy. I guess others must be having the same results.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and i have been going to this restaurants for years. Lately the lunch specials have become very economical and they're always delicious. The service here has never wavered; it's professional, friendly and fast. The wines by the glass are also with trying.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My mom comes to Florida 3 times a year and always needs to eat here. This time I accompanied her to see what all the fuss what about. Our server was fantastic and the food was Devine.
I recommend the bang bang shrimp, mussels and tuna bowl if you enjoy good prepared seafood dishes.