Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Must Fish with Captain K! The best out there!

Reviewed 13 July 2017
Pauline G
FISH OF A LIFETIME!

Reviewed 13 July 2016
Marc C
Kansas City, Missouri

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Captain K is awesome! We were down from Atlanta and we had the most amazing time fishing with her. Her loads of experience and knowledge of the Gulf is impressive and unmatched. We caught tons of fish. If you want a great fishing experience, go with Captain K. Her bait shop is awesome too. Has everything you need, great prices.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Booked a trip with Capt. K and loved every minute of it. She was very personable speaking to her a couple times via phone as the trip got closer. She even came to the dock at the house we rented and picked us up. No need to even drive anywhere. Now that's service! There was 3 of us on the trip (2 adults and my 14 year old daughter). Her and the deck hand Andrew took great care of us. I told her I wanted to fill my freezer with good fish until I can make it back next year. She did not disappoint. All told I caught a 60 lb kingfish (that's big folks), several grouper, lots of snapper, and the best part...we came in to a school of Mahi Mahi and WOW we loaded up. Needless to say it was a fantastic trip and I highly recommend Capt. K. Next time I'm in the Tampa/St Pete area I will only go with her. You should too!

1  Thank Marc C
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Booked an 8 hour off shore charter and it could not have been better. Captain K (Karen) and her deck hand Kat took care of us for the day. They had every supply for fishing you would need rods, bait and license. K taught us how to catch bait right of the beach from her boat which was cool we even did it off shore with schools of fish. As soon as we put our rods in the water we had fish on!! There was no boring waiting around for something to happen. 8 hours flew by and she even stayed out for almost 10 hours with us (no extra charge) to ensure we caught ourselves a king fish! We saw an 8 foot shark while hunting for these king fish and some dolphins on the way back into shore.K is also one of the most reasonably priced charters in St.Pete. It really was a very memorable trip and this woman is very experienced and should know you are in good hands and will have a great time.She picked us up in the morning right at the dock just a 2 minute walk from out condo and dropped us off there. When we got back she cut up all the fish for us which awesome! If I am every back in St. Pete I will book with her again for sure. Also as a girl who likes to fish its nice to have a female that runs a charter nothing worse than being stuck out on a boat with a bunch of stinky men haha. Thanks for an amazing trip K!!!

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Went out for 6 hour charter and we were on King Fish and Mackerel within the first hour. We had a 45 lb-er to the boat! Captain K about lost her mind! What a riot! She has extreme knowledge and passion for what she does. Has someone looked into a reality show for this lady?? Our ice box was packed with fish and she fileted and cleaned them all for us to travel with back home. IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE NEAR TAMPA BAY, FISH WITH K!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Karen was a patient teacher and although we was out for only 4 hours we caught more fish than I would have imagined. She keeps her charters to 4 people, and know where to go to catch them. I would love to go again if and when we go back to Treasure Island.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

We just did a charter with Captain K. She was so knowledgable and nice. On our way out to sea, other boats came up to us saying how they have heard great things about Captain K, people speak highly of her. We went to a few different spots and saw other charters fishing the same area not catching a thing. However when We got there Captain K used her knowledge and experience to help us land some huge kingfish. The other charters saw this and left out of frustration. Captain K also brought us to a few secret spots and we were catching fish left and right. We had to empty our freezer to fit what we caught. I do a lot of fishing and this was by far the best experience I've had. I highly recommend Captain K when choosing a charter.

1  Thank Commissioner21
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

I have been out fishing with Captain K many times.
I was so lucky I got to help her a little bit on the boat and saw how good she was with her customers. She is so patient with kids and really wanna teach them to fish. She knows all the great spots for some cool fish and she does everything she can to make sure everyone is having a blast!!

When I go to Florida in september, there's only one place to go to get an unforgetable fishing trip - Captain K's!

4  Thank Cecilie A
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience. Captain K is an awesome wise lady! She knows her fishing. Loved having the personal attention and now we are loving eating the catch. We are planning our return trip already.

2  Thank spottdawg