Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome place to learn the sport

Reviewed 1 week ago
RonFortMcmurray
Fort Mcmurray
Awesome instructors and service

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
GrandTour40855253424
St. Petersburg, Florida

All reviews kiteboarding lessons hour lesson stop shop skyway bridge vanessa gear instructor knowledge upwind skills blast safety adventure pete classes
Reviewed 1 week ago

Would recommend elite water Sports for all your needs for kitebording lessons Or equipment the staff is awesome and professional of you are starting out in this sports they will make you feel comfortable and safe .Definitely recommend this place

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EliteWS, Owner at Elite Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hey Ron,
Thanks for the great review. Can't wait to see your progression into this amazing sport! The season just started for us.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been taking Kiteboarding lessons with Elite Watersports and their instructors and staff are awesome to work with. I always feel safe and they take time to explain things and answer questions. When I stopped by their store, there wasn't any sales pitch, they just provided helpful and friendly advice. Definitely recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EliteWS, Owner at Elite Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello! Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! Our entire Elite Team strives to ensure our clients and students are always comfortable during any/all interactions. Our Elite Instructors are out there to make sure you learn to kiteboard while having fun, but while also keeping safety as our number one concern. Also, we love hearing about our students' experiences at the shop, as it is here that we can truly provide you with exceptional customer service and provide greater assistance. We look forward to watching you progress and kiting with you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best kitesurfing shop in Florida with knowledgeable staff and fair pricing. Shop also provides quality instruction for learning to kitesurf. The shop also offers quality repairs to damaged kites making it unique among kite shops.

Hello!
Thank you for leaving us a review and for recommending us as one of the top kiteboarding shops in the US. We strive to make everyone's experiences with Elite Watersports worth writing about! Hope to see you on the water again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do NOT buy a gift certificate!!!
Got a Christmas present gift certificate from this place as this sport is on my bucket list and always wanted to try it.
Called and spoke to the guy in St. Pete. and he looked me up. His response was "Wow, you are way past the expiration". I had not seen the fine print at the bottom of the certificate that he referred to and he again told me that I was 3 months late. Didn't matter recent illness or this prolonged red tide, told me it was expired.
We spent $500 for this and I politely asked him if there wasn't some way he could help me out. Hoping for maybe a partial lesson. The only thing he would repeat over and over was that the certificate is expired and won't be honored.
When I got into scuba, did multiple lessons and spent thousands of dollars on the sport and it is a blast. Thought this would be the same thing. From a business standpoint, hoped that he would see the potential of a new loyal customer. Nope. Never even said he was sorry, because obviously he wasn't.
Their loss, I will find somewhere else as I do not want to give up on this dream.
I'm disappointed but more than anything I feel tricked or scammed. When the certificate was purchased, the woman talked her into the upgraded $500 package but never said ANYTHING about an expiration. They got $500 of our money and I got nothing. NOTHING! The only thing that they would be out for honoring this would be the instructors time. No merchandise, just the time to teach someone that is interested in getting into the sport. They got their free money and didn't have to do a thing for it. I'm out $500 and I feel taken.

We as a small business always put the customer first. We stand behind our gift certificates and want no more than to see people use them. A 6 month expiration is more than reasonable in a seasonal business. It is also boldly and clearly displayed on certificate. We make scheduling easy and convenient. 7days a week from sun up to sun down. Then we extended the expired gift certificate and still it wasn’t used. The perception of Red tide did not effect our scheduling. We were able to go whenever our students and wind are good.
When the final request was for money back after 5 months expiration and after we were willing to schedule another lesson. We will not be offering refund.

We strongly advise to reschedule and continue with Kiteboarding whether it be with us or another qualified company.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Elite Watersports is always a great place for taking Kiteboard lessons. Both of my daughters have had instruction with them. All of the instructors we have worked with have been terrific. Patient with the students and encouraging enought to get the up and riding in just a few lessons. Thank You Elite Team!

Hello, Eric!
Thank you for your review and for taking time out of your day to assist in providing us, and our future clients and students, some feedback. We strive to make every experience with Elite Watersports an exceptional one and are happy to hear your family's has been just that! Looking forward to kiting with you and your girls again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

coming from abroad, the guy who was renting the staff was patient. very good spot, but I was unlucky for wind.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello! We love abroad clients and showing them our beautiful kite spot and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here but bummed the wind was not more favorable during your stay. Be sure to come back when you can!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was greeted by Aaron at the shop the day before my first kiteboarding lesson and automatically I had an awesome feeling about the whole situation. The shop was nice clean and importantly there was tons of sweet gear there. I had my first lesson with Dave which was a phenomenal experience. Can’t wait to get out and get wet with the kites again! Everything about this is a step in the right direction, Peace, Bill

Hello, Bill!
Thank you for your great review! We love hearing feedback from our clients and students to help us continue to offer the very best in the business, whether that be through the client interactions, how our kiteboarding lessons are taught, or the support provided well into the future! :) We are here for you!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Loved the experience and can't wait to come back and get better at it. Elite Watersports has it together. The owners Aaron and Vanessa are awesome and my instructor Kevin Velez was patient with me as a new beginner. Truly appreciate the Elite Watersports team!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EliteWS, Owner at Elite Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello!
Thank you for you great review and recommendation! It is our greatest goal to strive for excellence through all facets of our business, whether that be through your interactions with the shop staff, during your lessons, or during the gear purchasing process. We are pleased to hear we were able to provide an exemplary experience for you and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Great team. Very helpful and skillful.They taught me from beginning all the way to ride with confidence

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EliteWS, Owner at Elite Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hello, Christiano!

Thank you for your great review and for learning to kiteboard with Elite Watersports. We love hearing how you're now confident to be an independent kiter and stoked for the journey ahead of you in this amazing sport. We will forever be your go-to kiteboarding shop where you can guarantee support, the newest gear, repairs (if ever needed), and all-around camaraderie! Welcome to kiteboarding, you are now #PartOfTheElite!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Elite watersports has been there for me from the start of my kite lessons and has been excellent at helping me find the right gear and right lessons. They’ve helped outfit me for kite trips out of the country and made sure I was up to date with my IKO Certification to allow me access in the islands. Great shop and great people!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EliteWS, Owner at Elite Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello, Mike!
Thank you so much for your review and for the recommendation! Every day we strive to make those true connections with our clients as we have done with you. We know that the sport of kiteboarding means so much to so many people and affects them in all sorts of way; it's our passion to ensure everyone's experience is what they need it to be!
It has been our pleasure teaching you, supporting you, and watching you grow with this sport. Looking forward to many more exciting years of kiting with you!