“Selene”
Review of Selene

Selene
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have lived in St. Petersburg for 15 years. We love a lot of restaurants in our area...the one we love the most...time after time...is Selene in St. Pete Beach (10 minutes from St. Pete). The quality of food from appetizers to desserts is really quite extraordinary...one which we look forward to each time we go. Chef Rob makes each dish unique & delicious....dishes that you can't wait to go back for. Try this one..you'll be happy you did.

1  Thank Susan P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Great service, fine dining, it's obvious the owner and employees take pride in this restaurant. The prime rib was like butter, melted in your mouth. This is a fine dining experience nothing on the menu for young children.

1  Thank moxieSt_Louis
Reviewed 5 October 2017

oh, my....AMAZING happy hour, great atmosphere!! Phil, our server, was terrific. The food top-notch. Ample free parking.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Selene is across the street from the beach condominiums and resorts. It is located on a very busy street packed with all sorts of restaurants. My husband and I went during happy hour and the bar area was full but very noisy so we opted for a table in the dinning room instead of the bar area. The atmosphere in the dinning room seemed sterile to me and lacked a sense of coziness. Round lights hung from recessed boxes in the ceiling that were painted black. The menu was a compilation of Mediterranean, Greek and American fare. There was also a raw bar menu for seafood. I did notice a small selection for children on the bottom of the menu. I would probably not take children to this restaurant because the atmosphere was more sophisticated than casual/family friendly. When you sit down you are served a basket of bread and bread sticks with a homemade hummus dip. I ordered the half rack lamb chops that was rubbed in Dijon, rosemary,and fresh lemon with two sides, lemon potato wedges and grilled asparagus. My husband ordered the lamb shank which melted in his mouth. The food was excellent as was the service. Our waitress was friendly and very efficient without being obtrusive. Appetizers cost from $8-$15. The main entrees seemed a little high but the food was very good. Go to their web site for more information.

1  Thank frriendlynancy
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We're locals and stopped in here for a late dinner. Decided to sit in the lounge - they had live music but it was admittedly, slightly loud. We shared several appetizers - all were great! Lamb sliders, Ahi tuna, and spanakopita - one better than the other. Also appreciated their wine menu by the glass. Will be back!

1  Thank kellyspb