All reviews boathouse restaurant boucher brothers ping pong a garden view room big pool fire pit chairs and umbrellas great pool tiki hut live music girls weekend laid back beds were very comfortable old florida rooms are small st pete pool side
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Had a short stay here. It's pretty much what it looks like, a boutique remake on an old motel property. It has a good location in the middle of St. Pete beach, which is a nice beach. It had a laid back vibe and friendly staff. There is a courtyard with a decent pool and tiki bar. There were some issues I didn't expect and I probably won't return, although I could see others might like it. I am a gold member of a couple of different hotel chains, so I am not easily ruffled, but had a bumpy ride.

First, when I got there at 5 pm they told me my room wasn't ready. I asked why and got the runaround. I had dinner scheduled and needed to shower and change, so this was a problem. I had to wait 40 minutes in the lobby for a room which is a big issue for me. I have to leave at checkout time, and I expect to be able to get my room after check in time, otherwise, what's the point.

Second, there was no desk. The "surfer chic" decor was OK, but the mini frig is under the only place you can sit, so working on the computer was a pain.

Third, no elevator. I had to lug all my stuff up a narrow set of stairs to the second floor. (seriously?)

Forth, parking is a huge pain. The lot is tiny and full most of the time and has only one lane for both entry and exit, so turning around and getting out is an even bigger pain.

On the plus side the bed was comfy and the air worked very well. Otherwise, it was standard beach hotel fare.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnrG6078IV
Bryan C, General Manager at Postcard Inn On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

On behalf of our hotel and staff, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. It seems, however, that we did not meet all your expectations. We’ll be taking steps to resolve the issues. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to be better each and every day. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night for Tampa Bay Rays game .Rooms very near beach & clean ...beds very comfortable too
Great sized pool & beach bar where live music was & daughter played there which was a great touch so Thankyou to the staff !!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Bryan C, General Manager at Postcard Inn On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

So great to hear how much you enjoyed yourself at The Post Card Inn on the beach. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and I must say it was very delightful. I read some of the negative reviews before staying here and I am glad that I don't believe everything I read on the internet! All of the staff was very helpful and polite. Our room was clean and exactly what we expected it to be. Enjoyed the pool and the courtyard. We played ping pong with our girls and the beach was just a few steps away. All and all it was a great trip that my family and I will always remember.

2  Thank crystalsX7502VB

Dear Happy Guest,

What a wonderful review! On behalf of our hotel and staff, thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Postcard Inn On The Beach to other travelers. We look forward to welcoming back soon!

Postcard Inn On The Beach

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at one of the bungalows. The first thing was that the floors have tile, not carpet. May not be a big deal for some but it is for us. Can’t get rid of the sand off your feet.

The room as big. For sure. But is old. The tile ceiling is old and cracked. The windows a/c unit is really loud. But it was really cold!! So that was good. The balcony is small and all you can see is the pool. The window unit sticks out right over the balcony and is really loud. Makes the balcony kind useless. The shower had a crack in the wall so again, just an old st Pete hotel.

The hotel grounds are very nice. The middle Courtyard is cool. At night they have lights so it looks and feels nice.

The biggest issue was Lot the hotel itself but the pool bar. This is not a place you come to rest. Is really not a family place. This is more geared for a younger party , drinking crowns. Loud bass music all day long. Feels like my younger days being at a club. Honestly I would skip this place if you want to rest or have small children. There are better on the beach.

3  Thank JP1976

We love knowing how you felt about your time with us. It’s great to know you enjoyed the grounds and courtyard. However, we are disappointed to hear that you felt our vibe was too young. On some Saturday's we have a DJ playing for part of the day and it can draw a local crowd. One of the great things about us is there are many things to do here that can appeal to different people. The courtyard area is very peaceful and we have fun games in the lobby. Of course, there is the beautiful beach as well. We would love another chance to show you we have a little something for everyone, from the young to the young at heart.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Was everything we wanted. It was our 28th wedding anniversary and we were looking for a nice beach and good food close, as well as nice room. What we got was a fantastic white sandy beautiful beach , and ide open with chairs and umbrellas! Easy walk from the room and a great breakfast buffet! The Tiki bar was excellent at making our drinks and the whole thing was perfect! Nice staff and close to any kind of food in walking distance.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

On behalf of our hotel and staff, thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Postcard Inn On The Beach to other travelers. I’m glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Postcard Inn On The Beach