TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$ 195
US$ 162
US$ 267
US$ 237
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$ 180
US$ 170
US$ 166
US$ 428
US$ 383
Travelocity
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$ 459
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$ 236
TripAdvisor
Priceline
  • Pool
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
TripAdvisor
5,732 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidetrade windsadult poolkids clubkids activitiesfront rowmini golfbedroom suitefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family of 5 made our first visit here this year and I had to make sure I reviewed this place for upcoming guests. We just left from our Spring break trip and we had an amazing time with a great beach and beautiful weather. This place is a bit misleading online. It is a very old facility....the rooms were nothing special. They nickel and dime you the whole week. Nothing is really included other than the water slide. The drinks and food are ridiculously priced . There is only one pool that is heated and there are so many people around it and in it you can’t relax at all. People reserve seats for the day and they don’t even sit in them. The cabanas are nice but again if you don’t reserve right away at 2 for next day they will be sold out. They have one fitness center that is nice but not at all big enough for the amount of people staying there. We paid $6200 for a two bedroom suite and it wasn’t worth half of that price. We had an amazing time but unfortunately we will never return because we can go to any other nicer resort for that price or less. This is the first review I have ever written in my life ....I really want others to know what they are in for.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Alyssa W
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction, please accept my personal apologies for failing to meet your expectations while here at the Island Grand. We take all guest comments and concerns seriously so that we may make the necessary improvements in our products and services where identified. I'm sorry that your felt as if we nickel and dime our guest while providing all the additional amenities available, and some are also through a third party. Regarding the situation of the 5 heated swimming pools on property, we unfortunately did experience an equipment failure for one of them which has since been replaced. However, with the challenge of high winds and rough Gulf water conditions at the beach, everyone attempted to gather around the pools, which created unusual crowds.
Even though you had an amazing time while here, I'm sorry that you felt it wasn't worth the price you paid. If I could be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Doug Rogers
Director of Guest Satisfaction
drogers@twresort.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love Tradewinds Guy Harvey. The suites provide plenty of space for our family of four with a fully equiped kitchen. Feb 2018 was our 2nd visit and our brother in law & family also joined us. Although I booked both our rooms, their room was far inferior which was very disappointing. For both visits, our rooms were not available by check in time and grateful the hotel does store luggage & provides bracelets to start taking taking advantage of the pools and beach. The rumrunners by the pool were exactly what the doctor prescribed after an extremely delayed flight and cold Maine winter. We love the Rum Fish Restaurant. Again 2nd visit and service and food quality was excellent. My daughter even got a chance to swim in the fish tank which was a wonderful experience which she'll never forget. The beach cabana was
extremely relaxing and we enjoyed playing with the kids on the white sand beach splashing in the water. It was too windy for the water sports complex on the water but the kids were well entertained with the huge water slide and bucky the shark. Many happy memories and will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Wendy K, Social Media Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Sandy, thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you found everything you needed during your stay. We hope you return for more rum runners and RumFish Grill!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my family for a week down to Tradewinds, and enjoyed every minute! Had a chance to do the jetlev activity with John and Jordan today, and had a such a great time! They were thorough with explaining how to operate the jetlev, and were top notch with professionalism. Highly recommend this resort, and any adventure with those two guys.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the review, Adam! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Jet Lev and we very much so hope to see you return for another flight!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to this place every year, and every time it is awesome. Our room is always great and the service is wonderful. Whenever you need something they will be there to either help you get it or the will bring it to you. We came here for my birthday and they went above and beyond to make me feel special. Alryck brought us several things needed in the room, such as a blender, towels, and then surprises for me. I thank him for making my birthday special. We will definitely come back here next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the seventh floor have better views and are more quieter in the night.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

We're blushing, Jessica! Thank you so much for the review and we're thrilled you had the best vacation ever! We will certainly share your kind words with Alryck and we hope to see you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall 5 Star !!!! Great staff rooms clean kids had a blast it was very busy but the staff worked really hard to accommodate everyone !! I even had a staff member go out of his way what seemed like his lunch break help me out to the Beach which was great !! and the Slide was amazing kept the kids going back all week !!! Thank You ATANAS AC5 !!!

Room Tip: Rum Fish Grill is a must !!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family