If you're looking for luxury, stay at the Don Cesar. If you'll looking for a place to take the family with lots of activities to keep you busy, stay here.
It's a compilation of several motels that have been renovated and connected with lush landscaping. They mostly pull it off, but it's fraying at the edges.
From the reviews it appears that the Island Grand is the best of the hotels at Tradewinds, but I couldn't really tell a difference. The other lobby and exterior looked the same. I would recommend going for a bigger room and one with a view if you want to be extremely happy.
Right on St. Pete Beach. It's close to restaurants and other outside activities. It's easily accessible from the interstate.
When you try to enter this facility you are "greeted" by a security card who demands to see your ID and looks you up on a list. If your name has not been updated he doesn't let you in. The self parking lot is very full at night so you may be forced to valet or follow people to their cars. So be prepared for unnecessary stress and hassle while parking.
It's a McDonalds style queue which means there are 5-6 lines and you have to commit to one. If the person in front of you gets stuck for a long time you lose. It's a very unfair and lengthy process. They should go to a single queue.
Be patient. Very patient. They take forever. I've been around some slow lifts, but these are absolutely the slowest I have ever experienced. So much so that you may want to take a room on a lower floor so you can use the stairs. They really should modernize the lifts.
Beautiful and large. Can't beat the beach.
A "cabana" at this place is two beach chairs and an umbrella. It's not a tented room as you might think. One comes free with every night stay.
My major frustration with this hotel. You have to stand in a 20 minute queue at the adventure center to get towels. This process requires a room key and they have to look you up in the system and get you to fill out paperwork. When you turn the towels in you have to queue up for another 20 minutes (plan to do both twice a day). You will then get cards to use the next morning for more towels (and queuing).
Many many restaurants with so many choices to each. You won't be disappointed. You can stay on the resort and eat in a different place every day. It's like a cruise ship.
This is where Tradewinds shines. They have more watersports and other options than any other resort in the Pinellas Beaches. You have to pay more, but it's worth the price for fun. Lots to do for kids. And there's JetLev for adults.
Rooms are small. It's a motel that has been renovated. On an international scale I would give them two stars. With a view or suite it probably goes up to three. But don't expect luxury. Think of it as a place to sleep after a fun day of activities.
Same queue as check in. But most hotels allow you to check out by TV or in a box. This one requires you to return your towel keys in order to check out. So the queues at check out are unnecessarily long. They should allow you to finish the towel process at the adventure center.
If you're in Pinellas and want a beautiful beach with lots to do, this is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach