We were there for a quick weekend getaway, in April 2012, and in the sense that we didn't want to have to leave the property, for time's sake while we were there for only a weekend, the resort definitely met our needs. The spa was wonderful, our room was nice, with a wonderful view of a lovely beach,there was a comedy club onsite, and there were several resturants to choose from within the resort proper. All of these were time savers for us, as we were there for only a long weekend. However, there were disappointments. Everything (I mean everything) shuts down in the entire area by 10 or 11pm EST. The concierge and resort transportation were less than helpful, and in more than one instance, downright rude...non acceptable in my opinion for a customer service rep. Those at the front desk were, on the other hand, quite helpful, an apologetic, for the mistakes made while we were there. Food service at Beef OBrady and Bermudas was terrible. Constrastly, Palm Court and the Flying Bridge food, drinks, and service were quite good! Rooms were comfortable, including very good beds. The cabanas were very nice to utilize out on the beach for guests, and most employees (short of the above mentioned) were quite happy to assist guests. The frozen drinks were wonderful, and the Pub Crawl Tshirt is a cute idea. We were not there with our families, however, it would be a great place for families with the many attractions available. I would visit again...and would again insist on a Gulf Front balcony room (very much worth the extra $), and would choose my resturant choices more carefully at next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach