We are a family of 6 people (4 adults and 2 children) and paid an expensive $600 per night for a 2 bed suite (2210). This was our 3rd (and probably last visit). We stayed for 4 nights.
Initially i had a few problems booking the hotel, staff were slow at responding to reservation enquiries however eventually spoke to Katie Mulford (via Facebook) who hurried things along for me so thanks for that. Front desk guy Gary was very nice and efficient. We arrived about midday but room was unavailable until 3.50pm.
Arrived at room to find a party taking place on landing in the next room (or next but one) with maybe 4 couples smoking from what can only be described as a "bong", dreadful obscene language and extremely loud (but not aggressive). The bellboy arrived with the cases and the party asked him if he wanted a can of beer ..... i said can you help ....... he told me to call front desk :-( ..... Called front desk and they sent security which seemed to help. Later though it got worse again so i went to reception (apparently they were Wedding Guests that was taking place at the hotel) and again security sorted the issue. About midnight it started all over again, i called front desk and toid them to send a security guy up and not to leave until it was sorted. The noise stopped until i realised that they had gone to beach which meant my son could not get to sleep in the lounge as they were right outside his window ........ grrrrrrrr. Anyway i complained again on the following morning when i was told they were checking out that day ........ :-)
The rest of the holiday was a lot smoother and we really enjoyed the resort. The pools and beach were really clean and all the staff were very nice especially Jordon in Beef o Bradys restaurant / bar. The food was good out of the Flying Bridge, Bermudas and Beef o Bradys.
The resort fee covers most things but you still have to pay for the war slide and beach activities which can work out expensive.
To summarise, the room was nice and clean and everything worked however for $600 per night at least the water slide for the kids should be free. We had our Honeymoon at this hotel and this was our 3rd visit, will i be back ...... probably not because of the problems on the first night. I realise that this was not the hotels fault and the problems were sorted relatively quickly but the "problem" guests should have been moved immediately (or at the very least our party moved).
Any questions just message me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach